Lawrence Leung

Default Can XLCD be copied?

I am wondering whether a XLCD can be copied using any existing
hardware/software? If yes, what would be the quality of the copied disc?

Same thing goes to SACD? It's a little bit tough, isn't it?

Lawrence Leung

Steven Sullivan

Lawrence Leung wrote:
I am wondering whether a XLCD can be copied using any existing
hardware/software? If yes, what would be the quality of the copied disc?

I presume you mean XRCD, and the quality of a bit-perfect
copy should be exactly the same as the original.

Same thing goes to SACD? It's a little bit tough, isn't it?

It's only 'tough' because right now there's no way to digitally
copy a SACD. You can, however, copy the analog output
-- which is what you hear anyway -- to digital. The quality
of the A/D conversion conceivably could make the copy sound
different.

--

-S.

"They've got God on their side. All we've got is science and reason."
-- Dawn Hulsey, Talent Director