offpeak808

Default ORTF and panning L/R

Here's something I'm wondering about.
Is panning far left and far right the best thing to do when recording 2
stereo tracks?
or should it be 40 min and 20 min, or 45 min and 15 min, or should I just
leave both tracks centered, or is it all purely subjective?
My ORTF configuration is sounding pretty good just leaving it centered, but
it also sounds pretty good panning wide.
Is there a "correct" way to get the most realistic stereo sound?