Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce

Default Good wireless speakers? -- more

I should have mentioned that I am currently running a 15 year old audio
system that uses Classe electronics to drive Apogee Diva planar
speakers. I don't expect to do anywhere near this well in an HDTV based
A/V surround system, but that is the kind of quality I hope to approach.

The B&O suggestion seems to be limited to B&O speakers which could make
for a very expensive installation.

The Oyster Speaker is a possibility but I need to find out a lot more
about them. Coming from Australia, this could be difficult.

Any more suggestions?

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Canton is coming out with some new wireless...not available yet, but
maybe worth a look when they do come out?

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Well, and i can't swear this to be the case with the top-end wireless
speaker setups.. but certainly is true with the cheaper stuff, i would
seriously avoid anything that used ADPCM compression in the digital
wireless transmission.

I'm assuming that digital wireless items are the stuff you are looking
at..??

Most wireless speakers are digital transmission stuff (digital between
send and receiver).

But at best, the bulk use ADPCM 44.1K 4-bit compression (so in effect,
your lovely high-grade audio is degraded by the time it's sent and
decoded by the digital speakers back to air).

So, unless there are lossless digital systems, wireless generally =
degraded.

It may turn out to not be a factor for you, if so.. fair play, but i
felt it was worth mentioning..

I haven't listened to any setups that use BT 2.0 profiles for
high-grade audio, and potentially.. if a good high-grade audio profile
and BT 2.0 is used on any examples out there, that would be the lesser
of lossy evils i suspect.

But the proof is in the eating, and sadly, have not tasted the BT 2.0
audio profiles yet, but have experienced lossy ADPCM transmission
setups.. and i wouldn't let them near my high-end audio kit

'Tom Kat'

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
A Few Thoughts on Bose [email protected] Audio Opinions 1 February 27th 05 02:59 AM
rec.audio.car FAQ (Part 4/5) Ian D. Bjorhovde Car Audio 0 March 6th 04 06:54 AM