SS

Default yamaha HTIB system vs Pioneer,toshiba,panasonic etc

I would like opinions on a low end HTIB. The yamaha DVX-S120
(integrated receiver-DVD and 5 speakers plus subwoofer) is at about
the same price point as other brands like Pioneer, Panasonic etc that
offer more power through speakers. The above Yamaha model offers dual
2" full range cones in front and satellite speakers and 55Watts per
speaker. (surprisingly the discontinued DVX-S100 model offered single
4" cone and 3/4" dome)Whereas the other brands might offer more power
and woofer/tweeter combo in satellites and front. couple of models
that come to mind are Pioneer 530DV and panasonic HT900. Assuming
these are at same price point, which system will I get higher quality
sound from? I don't need the loudest sound but crisp clear sound from
DVDs and music CDs. I am leaning towards yamaha because they produce
much higher end gear than these other consumer brands but I wonder if
others have any opinion.

Or would I be better off buying a separate speaker package such as JBL
SCS136 and an A/V receiver - DVD combo?

thanks
SS

Dynamat Passat Brian Car Audio 24 April 16th 04 12:08 AM
rec.audio.car FAQ (Part 1/5) Ian D. Bjorhovde Car Audio 0 March 6th 04 07:54 AM
John Mellencamp Attacks President Bush In Open Letter Jacob Kramer Audio Opinions 449 November 26th 03 12:33 AM
People that have or do listen to both Vinyl and Cd: Basicsurvey/poll Max Holubitsky Audio Opinions 85 August 10th 03 08:53 PM
Tech. Doc. needed JBL system in Peugeot 406 Coupe Okkie Car Audio 0 July 22nd 03 09:31 AM