James Piper

Default Ford Premium Sound CD install in a car that doesn't come with Premium Sound?

I am wondering if I am going at this the right away. My 1997 Ford
Aspire has been broken into for my Sony Xplod CD player. No big loss,
it was not all that great to begin with. After weeks of having my car
in the shop, they finally got everything back together.

The insurance company is replacing my Sony but due to the fact that I
don't have a reciept for the Sony, I am left with only a choice of a
OEM CD player or a JVC bottom of line model. Since the JVC didn't have
a detachable face, I decided to go with the Ford CD player, thinking
that scum bags won't bother it.

I helped my garage find a CD player from a 1995 Aspire and figured
that Ford would not bother putting premium sound on a car like that.
When we got it, to our surprise, it was a premium sound unit.

I realize that this unit is passive so I know it needs an amp. I have
two ways of doing this..

A) Buy a Premium sound amp and harness. Could I wire this baby up
myself? How does it get power? Someone told me that these units are
usually in the trunk, does it have to be back there? Can I plug in my
existing stock speaker connector into the amp?

B) Find some sort of custom cable and buy a 4-channel amp. I checked
ebay and it seems that there are cables out there but it is hard to
tell for sure. I e-mailed the seller, I hope to hear from him.

Is this too big of a deal? I don't want to re-wire the whole car or
anything. I just want stock everything.

Here is the model of radio I have.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=2425641 997

Thanks for all your help!