Posted to rec.audio.pro
Peter Peter is offline

Default What headset does CBS, Fox sports (NFL) use?

Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and Fox NFL
sports announcers use during the games?

I can't find it at places like broadcast supply. Anyone know the brand and model?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Peter" wrote ...
Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and
Fox NFL sports announcers use during the games?

I can't find it at places like broadcast supply.
Anyone know the brand and model?

Do you have a photo? It may be asking too much to
expect people to sit through hours of mind-numbing
sports coverage waiting for a glimpse of the announcers'
headsets.

If you are trying to communicate to people who work
in the broadcast industry, you may have a better chance
over on the production sound newsgroup...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Peter" wrote in message

Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and Fox
NFL sports announcers use during the games?

I can't find it at places like broadcast supply. Anyone
know the brand and model?

I think that I've seen some Fox and ABC sports commentators at NASCA races
(just about the only sports I watch) wearing Sony 7506s, but Sony makes a
number of phones that have a similar appearance. A sticker that Sony uses on
the 7506s and a few other pro phones was definately visible.

AFAIK, Sony 7506s are the most likely regular headphones that you are likely
to see in use. It appears that lots of people are using IEMs these days.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Arny Krueger" wrote ...
"Peter" wrote
Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and Fox
NFL sports announcers use during the games?

I can't find it at places like broadcast supply. Anyone
know the brand and model?

I think that I've seen some Fox and ABC sports commentators at NASCA races
(just about the only sports I watch) wearing Sony 7506s, but Sony makes a
number of phones that have a similar appearance. A sticker that Sony uses
on the 7506s and a few other pro phones was definately visible.

AFAIK, Sony 7506s are the most likely regular headphones that you are
likely to see in use. It appears that lots of people are using IEMs these
days.

I assumed that the OP was refering to the headsets that
have the attached (on-air) microphone, etc. But you are
correct, he didn't actually specify what it was he was
asking about.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
videochas www.locoworks.com videochas www.locoworks.com is offline
Banned

On Jan 9, 2:27�pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote ...

"Peter" �wrote
Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and Fox
NFL sports announcers use during the games?

I can't find it at places like broadcast supply. Anyone
know the brand and model?

I think that I've seen some Fox and ABC sports commentators at NASCA races
(just about the only sports I watch) wearing Sony 7506s, but Sony makes a
number of phones that have a similar appearance. A sticker that Sony uses
on the 7506s and a few other pro phones was definately visible.

AFAIK, Sony 7506s are the most likely regular headphones that you are
likely to see in use. It appears that lots of people are using IEMs these
days.

I assumed that the OP was refering to the headsets that
have the attached (on-air) microphone, etc. �But you are
correct, he didn't actually specify what it was he was
asking about.

A headset would have a microphone, a headphone would not.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

I assumed that the OP was refering to the headsets that
have the attached (on-air) microphone, etc. But you are
correct, he didn't actually specify what it was he was
asking about.

There is a Sony variant with a microphone. However, I still see more
Telex headsets and old Beyer DT150s around.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ken@kennorth.com is offline

Sennheiser HMD26-600-XQ
Pro Boomset w/XLR, 1/4"Conn
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Sennheiser HMD26-600-XQ
Pro Boomset w/XLR, 1/4"Conn

You know, I have been seeing more of the HMD26 sets around. Do people really
like them more than the DT150? Not that the DT150 isn't pretty clumsy, but
I don't feel the Sennheiser is much less so.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Are Plantronics used on live sets, or are they of more dominance in the telecom industry?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
MG[_4_] MG[_4_] is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...

Sennheiser HMD26-600-XQ
Pro Boomset w/XLR, 1/4"Conn

You know, I have been seeing more of the HMD26 sets around. Do people
really
like them more than the DT150? Not that the DT150 isn't pretty clumsy, but
I don't feel the Sennheiser is much less so.

Sennheisers are the standard in TV sports in general. The HMD-25 is
probably more widely used than the 26, since it's been around for so long.
The 25 does not show up in their current product line, but is still widely
available. The 1/4" plug is for IFB. We use the low-impedance version.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Are Plantronics used on live sets, or are they of more dominance in the telecom industry?

I don't think Plantronics makes any hi-fi headsets, really. But on any live
set you'll find the floor manager wearing a Clearcomm headset, which might well
be a Plantronics product.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] gmwprod@gmail.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 9:17:58 AM UTC-6, Peter wrote:
Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and Fox NFL
sports announcers use during the games?

I can't find it at places like broadcast supply. Anyone know the brand and model?

I can definitely tell you they are Sennheiser HMD 26 or possibly the newer 27's. I use them and they sound fantastic!!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 9:17:58 AM UTC-6, Peter wrote:
Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and Fox NFL
sports announcers use during the games?

I can't find it at places like broadcast supply. Anyone know the brand and model?

I can definitely tell you they are Sennheiser HMD 26 or possibly the newer 27's. I use them and they sound fantastic!!

No doubt what they were using a decade ago was different. I miss seeing
those Telex sets from the seventies although I sure don't miss the audio.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

On Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 5:18:13 PM UTC-5, Arny Krueger wrote:
"Peter" wrote in message

Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and Fox
NFL sports announcers use during the games?

I can't find it at places like broadcast supply. Anyone
know the brand and model?

I think that I've seen some Fox and ABC sports commentators at NASCA races
(just about the only sports I watch) wearing Sony 7506s, but Sony makes a
number of phones that have a similar appearance. A sticker that Sony uses on
the 7506s and a few other pro phones was definately visible.

AFAIK, Sony 7506s are the most likely regular headphones that you are likely
to see in use. It appears that lots of people are using IEMs these days.

7506s, the choice for finest remastering!!

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and Fox NFL
sports announcers use during the games?

Like this:

definitely(senn_26 or senn_27);

Tobiah

definitely(senn_26 xor senn_27);

unless he is wearing two pairs at once

But you see, looking at the original question,
'sports announcers' may certainly collectively
wear more than one pair.

for this_announcer in all_sports_announcers:

if this_announcer.company not in ('CBS', 'FOX']:
continue

if this_announcer.league != 'NFL':
continue

if this_announcer.headset not in (senn_26, senn_27):
print "gmwprod was wrong!"
sys.exit()

print "gmwprod was right"

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12-10-2017 05:26, Trevor wrote:
On 11/10/2017 8:38 PM, Peter Larsen wrote:
On 09-10-2017 14:19, wrote:
On Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 4:31:51 AM UTC-4, Peter Larsen wrote:
On 04-10-2017 22:36,
wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 5:18:13 PM UTC-5, Arny Krueger wrote:
"Peter" wrote in message

Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and Fox
NFL sports announcers use during the games?

I can't find it at places like broadcast supply. Anyone
know the brand and model?

I think that I've seen some Fox and ABC sports commentators at
NASCA races
(just about the only sports I watch) wearing Sony 7506s, but Sony
makes a
number of phones that have a similar appearance. A sticker that
Sony uses on
the 7506s and a few other pro phones was definately visible.

AFAIK, Sony 7506s are the most likely regular headphones that you
are likely
to see in use. It appears that lots of people are using IEMs these
days.

7506s, the choice for finest remastering!!

Stax.

????

http://www.stax.co.jp/index-E.html ???

Yes. They tend to produce headphones that can actually reproduce
square waves, source swedish "Radio & Television" testing an early
version.

That would depend on the frequency and SPL, but surely not a major
requirement for a broadcast headset in any case.

But relevant for mastering, something that Sony 7506's suddenly came out
of the dungeons lower levels and got suggested for.

Trevor.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 5:18:13 PM UTC-5, Arny Krueger
wrote:

Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and Fox

http://www.stax.co.jp/index-E.htmlÂ* ???

Yes. They tend to produce headphones that can actually reproduce
square waves, source swedish "Radio & Television" testing an early
version.

That would depend on the frequency and SPL, but surely not a major
requirement for a broadcast headset in any case.

But relevant for mastering,

Right, but the thread is "What headset does CBS, Fox sports (NFL) use?"

something that Sony 7506's suddenly came out
of the dungeons lower levels and got suggested for.

Only for those who actually take any notice of Jack and don't have him
kill-filed. You know better Peter.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 5:18:13 PM UTC-5, Arny Krueger wrote:
"Peter" wrote in message

Subject line says it all: what headset does CBS and Fox
[...]

I was impressed when I saw Sony reply to a (minor) negative review.
Stax Square Wave reproduction? I guess that's fine for brick-walled audio!

Thanks.

Jack

Trevor.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/10/2017 11:42, Trevor wrote:
Right, but the thread is "What headset does CBS, Fox sports (NFL) use?"

This is usenet. It is very unusual for a thread not to drift as people
drop in and out.

something that Sony 7506's suddenly came out of the dungeons lower
levels and got suggested for.

Only for those who actually take any notice of Jack and don't have him
kill-filed. You know better Peter.

When r.a.m.p.s was still alive, they seemed to be the headphone of
choice for location monitoring, as they emphasised common problem
frequency bands and had good isolation.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
On Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 4:31:51 AM UTC-4, Peter Larsen wrote:

Yes. They tend to produce headphones that can actually reproduce
square waves, source swedish "Radio & Television" testing an early
version.

That would depend on the frequency and SPL, but surely not a major
requirement for a broadcast headset in any case.

But relevant for mastering, something that Sony 7506's suddenly came out
of the dungeons lower levels and got suggested for.

I was impressed when I saw Sony reply to a (minor) negative review.
Stax Square Wave reproduction? I guess that's fine for brick-walled audio!

Good reproduction of square waves requires good high frequency response
to follow the steps, and good low frequency response to keep the tops
flat and low resonance to stop the step frequencies ringing through the
wave tops. To get excellent square wave reproduction is *hard*.

So being able to produce a good square wave at a range of frequencies is
a sign of well balanced reproduction.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

What is the rate of rise for square wave? Instantaneous? Has to be.

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article , Trevor wrote:
Yes. They tend to produce headphones that can actually reproduce square
waves, source swedish "Radio & Television" testing an early version.

That would depend on the frequency and SPL, but surely not a major
requirement for a broadcast headset in any case.

The Stax earspeakers are not broadcast phones, and they have absolutely zero
isolation from outside sounds. They are very clean and have extremely
accurate tonality, partly because they do not deform the earlobes and the
transducer sits at some distance from the earlobe. There are no sealed
chamber tuning issues because there is no sealed chamber to tune.

The things that make the Stax so great are also the things that make them a
real pain in the neck. And the drive electronics are a pain too.

I have seen people using them quiet control rooms, but the need for a quiet
control room makes them a problem for me. And they still don't have accurate
stereo imaging because they are still headphones.

I have five or six pairs that I inherited when I bought a competitor out
years ago, but I don't have any of the drive amplifiers for them. I kept
saying I'd build some amp modules but I never needed the things enough to do
it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

John Williamson wrote:
On 12/10/2017 11:42, Trevor wrote:
Right, but the thread is "What headset does CBS, Fox sports (NFL) use?"

This is usenet. It is very unusual for a thread not to drift as people
drop in and out.

something that Sony 7506's suddenly came out of the dungeons lower
levels and got suggested for.

Only for those who actually take any notice of Jack and don't have him
kill-filed. You know better Peter.

When r.a.m.p.s was still alive, they seemed to be the headphone of
choice for location monitoring, as they emphasised common problem
frequency bands and had good isolation.

Absolutely. They are great for that application and they are great for
editing work too. The exaggerated top end really magnifies background noises,
chair squeaks, and bad tape edits which makes them a great tool for that job.

The isolation was about the best there was when the things came out. These
days there are some higher isolation phones out there, but the 7506 is still
respectable in that regard.

I use them often for field recording work... would not try to judge tonality
or EQ anything using them, but they're great for knowing whether you're too
close to the AC vents.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
jason jason is offline

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 06:13:42 -0700 (PDT) " jjaj1998
@netscape.net wrote in article 968e0083-19c3-4d3b-bb26-4d3109322794
@googlegroups.com
What is the rate of rise for square wave? Instantaneous? Has to be.

Only in theory...
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 13/10/2017 12:30 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Trevor wrote:
Yes. They tend to produce headphones that can actually reproduce square
waves, source swedish "Radio & Television" testing an early version.

That would depend on the frequency and SPL, but surely not a major
requirement for a broadcast headset in any case.

The Stax earspeakers are not broadcast phones, and they have absolutely zero
isolation from outside sounds.

Well DUH!!! Now check the thread title again!!!

Trevor.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 12/10/2017 11:26 PM, John Williamson wrote:
On 12/10/2017 11:42, Trevor wrote:
Right, but the thread is "What headset does CBS, Fox sports (NFL) use?"

This is usenet. It is very unusual for a thread not to drift as people
drop in and out.

Yes it's common for people to make an off topic comment, and other
people to then completely ignore what was actually being talked about.
That's fine of course until they start whinging like little babies that
someone else is actually talking about the ORIGINAL topic!

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12-10-2017 11:42, Trevor wrote:

Only for those who actually take any notice of Jack and don't have him
kill-filed. You know better Peter.

This here "Daily" couldn't do that last time I looked for the option ...
thanks!

Trevor.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12-10-2017 14:30, Scott Dorsey wrote:

In article , Trevor wrote:

Yes. They tend to produce headphones that can actually reproduce square
waves, source swedish "Radio & Television" testing an early version.

That would depend on the frequency and SPL, but surely not a major
requirement for a broadcast headset in any case.

The Stax earspeakers are not broadcast phones, and they have absolutely zero
isolation from outside sounds. They are very clean and have extremely
accurate tonality, partly because they do not deform the earlobes and the
transducer sits at some distance from the earlobe. There are no sealed
chamber tuning issues because there is no sealed chamber to tune.

Not the earspeakers I refer to, but the early version, that is the one
swedish Radio & Television tested. I have heard their Earspeakers and
consider them poorer as analytical tool.

The things that make the Stax so great are also the things that make them a
real pain in the neck. And the drive electronics are a pain too.

True, but I mentioned them because they are usable for mastering, the
7506 was advocated incompetently for that use.

I have seen people using them quiet control rooms, but the need for a quiet
control room makes them a problem for me. And they still don't have accurate
stereo imaging because they are still headphones.

In my opinion the Earspeakers have poorer imaging than the SRD-3, a
previous friend has or had them, unfortunately I have their energizer
box (Nr. 004) in the repair que.

I have five or six pairs that I inherited when I bought a competitor out
years ago, but I don't have any of the drive amplifiers for them. I kept
saying I'd build some amp modules but I never needed the things enough to do
it.

--scott

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 13/10/2017 9:24 PM, Peter Larsen wrote:

In my opinion the Earspeakers have poorer imaging than the SRD-3, a
previous friend has or had them, unfortunately I have their energizer
box (Nr. 004) in the repair que.

¿ Que ?

Oh, queue .

;- )

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 7:21:04 AM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 13/10/2017 9:24 PM, Peter Larsen wrote:

In my opinion the Earspeakers have poorer imaging than the SRD-3, a
previous friend has or had them, unfortunately I have their energizer
box (Nr. 004) in the repair que.

¿ Que ?

Oh, queue .

;- )

geoff

Que - Barbecue. He's smoking the box!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 4:16:48 AM UTC-4, Peter Larsen wrote:
On 12-10-2017 11:42, Trevor wrote:

Only for those who actually take any notice of Jack and don't have him
kill-filed. You know better Peter.

This here "Daily" couldn't do that last time I looked for the option ...
thanks!

Trevor.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

"until they start whinging like little babies"

I guess that's supposed to be "whining", but I'm not Geoff!!

Jack

sports shoes [email protected] Audio Opinions 9 October 18th 07 03:49 PM
sports shoes [email protected] General 0 October 16th 07 07:08 AM
sports shoes [email protected] Tech 0 October 16th 07 07:06 AM
Sports Bar Hum Job Questions hank alrich Pro Audio 35 March 19th 07 07:09 PM
Converting cell-phone headset to computer headset logisticky@nospam_yahoo.com Tech 12 May 19th 05 08:19 PM