Mouser Electronics

Old June 22nd 17, 03:55 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck

Default Mouser Electronics

All:

Just got an e-mail from Mouser that some parts I had ordered in the past were about to be discontinued (as obsolete) by the manufacturer.

Few suppliers bother with this level of service.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old July 17th 17, 07:35 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Big Bad Bob

On 06/22/17 07:55, Peter Wieck wrote:
> All:
>
> Just got an e-mail from Mouser that some parts I had ordered in the past were about to be discontinued (as obsolete) by the manufacturer.
>
> Few suppliers bother with this level of service.
>
> Peter Wieck
> Melrose Park, PA

I've gotten that from Digikey as well. I guess they don't know if
you're planning on using them in production, or maybe it's a nice way of
just keeping in contact with customers.

did they give you a subsitute part # ?
Old July 18th 17, 02:58 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck

On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 2:35:24 PM UTC-4, Big Bad Bob wrote:

> did they give you a subsitute part # ?

As it happened, three options. At/below the same price as well.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Old July 28th 17, 02:53 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Jim Candela[_2_]

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 8:58:26 AM UTC-5, Peter Wieck wrote:
> On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 2:35:24 PM UTC-4, Big Bad Bob wrote:
>

> > did they give you a subsitute part # ?

> As it happened, three options. At/below the same price as well.
>
> Peter Wieck
> Melrose Park, PA

My experience is the same with Mouser. I use them at my work when I need something fast. Orders placed during the weekday always come in the next weekday morning when I use UPS Ground shipping. This is remarkable to me, and extremely useful. I live in Central Texas. Orders might take longer in other areas.

I often look for discontinued parts, such as electrolytic capacitors that are being discontinued. The price is usually reduced a lot.

Jim
Wd5JKO

Mouser Raymond Koonce Vacuum Tubes 6 February 8th 10 02:22 AM
Electronics riya Tech 4 October 20th 08 09:50 PM
electronics [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 0 March 31st 08 07:23 PM
car audio,vidieo, speakers, portable electronics and other electronics items cyriac Car Audio 1 December 17th 04 03:51 AM