Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Old Mackie CR 1604 vlz .... ribbon cable problems?

On 11/11/2018 3:33 AM, Dr2 wrote:
I'd grab a USB audio interface with 8 mic-inputs (like a Presonus
AudioBox or a Focusrite Scarlet) and a laptop and go do the gig with the
included software mixer.**** These days, the first generation interfaces
like those are nearly give-aways.

Whether this will work for you depends a lot on the kind of gigs you do,
and also what your generation is. Ron has been around for a long time,
and while I know he keeps up with digital things, I know that his work
at least used to be primarily with acoustic acts. That's what I do and I
find it next to impossible to work with one of today's digital consoles,
and would never consider mixing a live show with a mouse.

A modern digital console works really well for bands that are reasonably
well rehearsed, can keep fairly constant levels on stage, and are
playing the kind of music that doesn't change too much during a song.
You can have a preset for every song in your set list to accommodate
different singers, instrument changes, and effects, but with the acts
that I work with, if I'm not constantly making small changes, things
fall apart pretty quickly. Someone who grew up playing computer games
might have the ability to handle that pretty well, but that's not me.

Somehow, I think that Ron is a hands-on kind of guy.

FS: Mackie 1604 VLZ PRO Cheapseller Pro Audio 0 August 16th 04 07:10 PM
FS: Mackie 1604 VLZ PRO Cheapseller Marketplace 0 August 16th 04 07:06 PM
Mackie 1604-VLZ PRO Mark Pro Audio 0 October 13th 03 07:45 AM
Mackie 1604 VLZ PRO Mark Marketplace 0 October 9th 03 06:26 PM
Mackie 1604 VLZ PRO Mark Marketplace 0 October 9th 03 06:26 PM