Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jan Wuesten

Default Ask Jan FIRST: NEW SPECIAL OFFER

Dear Tube Fan and Electronic Hobbyist,

we are happy to announce the December issue of

Ask Jan First ´s newsletter.

Tubes, parts and much more .

There are a lot of news on our pages, many new products which
will be real problem solvers to many restauration and
construction project.
Brieflyall pages accessible via http://www.askjanfirst.com

Many new capacitors in stock, film, PIO, electrolytic, high voltage.

Many interesting wire and cable solutions

REAL German made carbon resistors, close tolerances, high dependability.

New tube sockets and improved socket versions of our G8A, G10A and side
contact sockets.

High voltage parts and lasers

New filter chokes and output transformers

Claus Urbachs´s new nixie clock kit is available soon, offers PLENTY of
new features !!!!!!!

And much more....

In Detail:

Capacitors:

FINALLY: You had to wait a long time but it´s been worth it:
Now available: Our axial lead HighGrade 5% tolerance film caps
(polypropylene) with bipolar design, highly conductive copper leads and
black-golden outer design are available from stock.
Ratings: 1nF to 1uF at 1500 VDC, 2,2uF to 100 uF at 630 V and 10 uF at
1000 VDC.
This caps are perfect for new designs, repairs and restauration projects.
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/k2.htm

New electrolytics, made in Germany, special ratings for guitar amp
service from stock.
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/k1.htm

New electrolytics, made in Germany, up to 550/600 V in screwmount can.
Highly dependable, reliable parts.
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/k1.htm

High Voltage rating up to 40kV ? No problem. From stock: film capacitors
rated 1 nF to 50 nF at 20 and 40 kV. Made in Germany, brand new.
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/k3.htm

German made PIO caps: NOS PIOs rated .1 MFD to 20MFD at various
voltages. We were able to buy them at a really good price so we sell
them cheaply.
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/k4.htm

For Power applications, power supplies, speaker crossovers etc:
Paper-in-oil and polypropylene-film in oil. Most of them are now being
made with environmentally friendly castor oil ( vegetable oil)Many
different versions from stock.
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/k4.htm

Legendary ROE1845 blue, West German made NOS caps and other (RIFA, ERO
etc.) NOS caps. As stock lasts.
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/k5.htm

******************

Cloth covered push-and-hook-wire, AWG22, for restauration.
„Nothing new“, you will say ?
BUT this one is NEW.
Compared to the version sold in the US it´s much safer to use since it
uses an enamel wire with two layers of cotton. The enamel is solderable
so it can be used and soldered like a non-isolated wire but the enamel
also offers improved isolation compared to a blank wire with cotton
around it.
Many colors, chosen to suit for all common restauration projects. Sold
by the meter ( 1m = approx 3,3ft)
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/newsletter1104.htm

High voltage cables rated 6,25 and 30kV for high reliability uses.
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/newsletter1104.htm

Silk isolated litz wire for high frequency coils in many different versions
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/newsletter1104.htm

Solid bronze wire, solderable, for antenna-builders. Best compromise
between conductivity and mechanical strength.
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/newsletter1104.htm

***********************

Resistors:

NOS German made Draloric 1,5-2 W carbon resistors.
Combine tight tolerances of metal film resistors with sonic performance
of carbon resistors. PURE carbon resistors, NOS.
See http://www.askjanfirst.com/newsletter1104.htm

***********************

Sockets:

-Gold plated giant sockets.

-East German „Gnom“ tube sockets, collector´s item, very rare.

-ORIGINAL US Burroughs MICANOL 9pin miniature sockets, still
individually sealed military quality.

-Single pin receptacles safe a lot of nerves and solve many
hard-to-find-socket problems. Wide range available from
stock.

- Past complains about the quality of our German Side contact sockets
(for AD1etc) and our 8/10 pin German Steel tube socket ( EL 156 etc)
have resulted in a redesign. From now on, our FAS016 and FAS400 are
being sold with NEW, IMPROVED contacts with a design EXACTLY EQUAL to
that of the vintage sockets.

See http://www.askjanfirst.com/newsletter1104.htm

************************

We were able to obtain a stock of HeNe laser tubes and the corresponding
power supplies plus some more HV parts.

See http://www.askjanfirst.com/newsletter1104.htm

************************

Many new OPT transformers and a new filter choke now available.

See http://www.askjanfirst.com/newsletter1104.htm

************************

Our infozone has been updated and extended, many more new articles and
stuff interesting to read.

See http://www.askjanfirst.com/infozone.htm

************************

Have fun browsing !!!

Jan from www.askjanfirst.com in Germany

If you have received it by error, please contact our customer service
department at for removal.

Thank you

best regards

Jan Philipp Wuesten

Frag'Jan Zuerst -----Ask Jan First(R)
Dipl. Ing. Jan Philipp Wuesten Elektronik
Rodauer Strasse 38
D- 64372 Ober Ramstadt, Germany
Phone: +49-6154-575556 Fax : +49-6154-575557
http://www.die-wuestens.de (Deutsch, English, Francais)
mail to or

Aktuelle Info: Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter
Stay updated: Subscribe to our newsletter:
Restez en ligne: Abonnez-vous à notre courriel de nouvelles:

Info: http://www.wuesten.net/news.htm