Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Dick Morris' 'credibility'

2pid has swallowed the jism of right-wing lies...again. He seems to
find it exhilarating.

Let's take a look at his latest hero:

Here's a claim made in a recent Morris book (if 2pid ever read these
things wouldn't be so easy to use against his imbecilic 'arguments').

"The book also predicts how election of Obama would ruin the economy
and lead to a stock market collapse."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Morris#Tax_troubles

In the past 10 years there have been two major market meltdowns.
Unfortunately for Mr. Morris, both occurred under President Obama's
predecessor george w. bushie. The first, after 9/11, can't really be
held against him. The second is a direct result of republican
policies.

Morris had been labeled as one of the biggest tax delinquents in his
home state of Connecticut, owing an estimated $280,000 in unpaid taxes
and a total of $452,367 in unpaid taxes and fees.[29][30] In 2003 the
IRS filed a $1.5 million tax lien against him. Morris said that he has
reached an agreement with Connecticut and his name will be removed
from the next delinquency list. Morris says that he is committed to
paying his taxes: "Following a difficult period in my life, I fell
into arrears. But since then, I have paid almost $3 million in state
and federal taxes."[30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Morris#Tax_troubles

After Obama won the 2008 election, Morris was critical of him. In
early 2009, Morris said: "Those crazies in Montana who say, 'We're
going to kill ATF agents because the U.N.’s going to take over'? Well,
they’re beginning to have a case."[24][25]

On August 29, 1996, Morris resigned from the Clinton campaign after
tabloid reports stated that he had been involved with a prostitute. A
New York tabloid newspaper, the Star, had obtained and published a set
of photographs allegedly of Morris and the woman on a Washington,
D.C., hotel balcony. News of the impending publication broke during
the third day of the 1996 Democratic Convention. The Electronic
Telegraph reported unverified claims that in order to impress the
woman, S. Rowlands, Morris invited her to listen in on his
conversations with President Clinton. [8][9][10] It was also alleged
he had an illegitimate child from an affair with a Texas woman. [11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Morris#Other_work

Here's an interesting tidbit. The right would have you believe that
Hillary Clinton stayed with Bill after news of his "indiscretions"
came out simply for reasons of power or other personal gain. However
they now follow every word of Morris, even after this:

His wife, attorney Eileen McGann, posed with her husband for a Time
photographer. She told Time she was "very upset" about the Star report
but that "I thought it would be destructive to ask about the details
and try to find out what was true. I'm an adult. I accepted Dick's
apology."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...dal/morris.htm

I wonder why the right isn't tearing away at the two of them?

And Media Matters has a whole pile (EIGHT pages worth) of discredited
Morris statements, for example:

http://mediamatters.org/research/201004130050

It's pretty clear that the loonie right has trouble discerning who has
character and deserves to be listened to and who doesn't have
character and should be flung onto the dung heap.

Yes, 2pid, "people of low moral character" indeed. Jenn obviously
infuriates you because she has character and you do not.