DW

Default What happened to the "alt.home-theater.marketplace" newsgroup?

Is there another newsgroup forum that replaced this one? I know it's still
there, but there's almost nothing posted there anymore (but mostly spam that
has nothing to do with the subject).

What has happened? Does anyone know? When did it change? Thanks!

-DW

OFFICIAL RAM BLUEBOOK VALUATION

In article , "DW"
wrote:

Is there another newsgroup forum that replaced this one? I know it's still
there, but there's almost nothing posted there anymore (but mostly spam that
has nothing to do with the subject).

What has happened? Does anyone know? When did it change? Thanks!

Due to endless scammers, we've "killed it off".

2002-AVERAGE REC.AUDIO.MARKETPLACE ADS 344 (PER MONTH)
MOST SCAMMERS

2004-AVERAGE REC.AUDIO.MARKETPLACE ADS 31 (PER MONTH)
MOST LEGIT

2005-AVERAGE 3 NON-SCAM SALES PER WEEK

OFFICIAL BLUEBOOK VALUATION SUCCESSFUL IN STOPPING SCAMMERS!

John C.

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:46:18 -0700, "DW" wrote:

Is there another newsgroup forum that replaced this one? I know it's still
there, but there's almost nothing posted there anymore (but mostly spam that
has nothing to do with the subject).

What has happened? Does anyone know? When did it change? Thanks!

-DW

People got tired of dealing with the "blue book jackass" and just go
right to ebay or audiogon.

Robert Morein

"OFFICIAL RAM BLUEBOOK VALUATION" wrote in message
.. .
In article , "DW"
wrote:

Is there another newsgroup forum that replaced this one? I know it's

still
there, but there's almost nothing posted there anymore (but mostly spam

that
has nothing to do with the subject).

What has happened? Does anyone know? When did it change? Thanks!

Due to endless scammers, we've "killed it off".

"OFFICIAL RAM BLUEBOOK VALUATION" is actually Brian L. McCarty, a pest on
rec.audio.marketplace, where he accuses innocent sellers of various
misdeeds. He appears to be a pathological liar, with unknown motivations.

McCarty is the owner of websites http://www.coralseastudios.com, and
http://www.worldjazz.com, both of which have used fraudulent advertising in
attempts to attract investors. Both have been unsuccessful.

McCarty is an American expatriate, originally from the Chicago area, then LA
where he worked as a sound mixer,
currently living in Cairns Australia, where he manages the Baskin-Robbins
ice cream franchise located at
Shop G6, 59 The Esplanade
Cairns QLD 4870

McCarty lives in the Coral Sands apartment complex at 65 Vasey Esplanade,
Trinity beach, a bit north of metropolitan Cairns.

Baskin-Robbins Australia may be contacted at
.

Margaret von B.

wrote:

[...]

Rob,

You're not very thorough these days. You forgot the apartment number and the
telephone numbers. :-)

Cheers,

Margaret

PS. Is it true that Bwian has an Oscar or Emmy or some such notable award?

Robert Morein

wrote:

[...]

To say everything we know would compromise our methods of investigation.

PS. Is it true that Bwian has an Oscar or Emmy or some such notable award?

Brian has no awards: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0565388/. In the past, he
had a senior partner, Jeff Wexler, who has had one award and numerous
nominations: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0923306/awards.

In his constant search for alter-egos, Brian attached himself to Wexler like
a human leech. Wexler taught him production sound. And in payback, Brian
lured Jeff into the Coral Seas scandal, while Brian simultaneously, and
unbeknownst to Jeff, ran both http://coralseastudios.com and his other
venture, http://www.worldjazz.com, as scams, and continues to engage in the
internet misbehavior that brought him to the attention of law enforcement
authorities in at least two countries. All this finally came to a head this
past fall. Brian didn't realize that a complex monitoring system was put in
place. I am not at liberty to disclose exactly how Brian is monitored, but
it's about as good as having to wear an ankle bracelet. Wexler never really
believed how bad Brian is until this past fall, when it finally got through
to him in a rather catastrophic way.