Carl Valle

Default Question for John Atkinson

I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that you
can reccomend?

Clyde Slick

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...
I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that you
can reccomend?

They all hate mother****ers who can't spell.

MINe 109

"Carl Valle" wrote:

I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that you
can reccomend?

Would you take recommendations from people other than JA?

Stephen
George M. Middius

MINe 109 said:

Would you take recommendations from people other than JA?

I think maybe he should try RAH-E. They banned Krooger, so they can't be
all bad.

Carl Valle

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...
I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that you
can reccomend?

They all hate mother****ers who can't spell.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

That isn't spelled correctly, but does indicate how nasty your mouth is.
Thanks

MINe 109

"Carl Valle" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
"Carl Valle" wrote:

I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that
you
can reccomend?

Would you take recommendations from people other than JA?

Yes I would

There are moderated website and email forums that might be closer to
your taste. Check Yahoo groups, Audio Asylum, Steve Hoffman forum, etc.
RAH-E doesn't actually have much interest for me because they don't seem
to discuss equipment or recordings much.

You can find good discussions on RAO if you're prepared to ignore the
tangents and sniping, especially if you have a specific question or area
of interest.

Stephen
Clyde Slick

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...
I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that
you can reccomend?

They all hate mother****ers who can't spell.

That isn't spelled correctly, but does indicate how nasty your mouth is.
Thanks

You are an idiot.

Carl Valle

"MINe 109" wrote in message
"Carl Valle" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
"Carl Valle" wrote:

I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news
groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that
you
can reccomend?

Would you take recommendations from people other than JA?

Yes I would

There are moderated website and email forums that might be closer to
your taste. Check Yahoo groups, Audio Asylum, Steve Hoffman forum, etc.
RAH-E doesn't actually have much interest for me because they don't seem
to discuss equipment or recordings much.

You can find good discussions on RAO if you're prepared to ignore the
tangents and sniping, especially if you have a specific question or area
of interest.

Stephen

I probably will continue to watch RAO because sometimes there are
interesting threads.
I have noticed lately that the circle of posters has become fairly small and
it seems the most abusive are posting volumes of insults to make up for the
lack of interesting perspectives.

I appreciate your comments.

Carl

Carl Valle

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

You are an idiot.

Thanks
I am sure you are qualified to make that assesment.
In the meantime, why don't you try real hard to write something useful.
When people write insults without justification I usually just reverse the
pronoun.
Try it.

Carl

Clyde Slick

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
. ..

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

You are an idiot.

Thanks
I am sure you are qualified to make that assesment.
In the meantime, why don't you try real hard to write something useful.
When people write insults without justification I usually just reverse the
pronoun.
Try it.

Carl

Agin yu missplled sumething. Wee dunt llikee peeple
hoo kant spyll. Yuo ar ann idiott. nut cawse
yuo kant spelle, butte becaws yuo ar tu stoopid
tu notiss sarcasisim.

Robert Morein

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...
I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that you
can reccomend?

You'll find people who respond on topic. Simply ignore the people you don't
want to engage.

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

MINe 109 said:

Would you take recommendations from people other than JA?

I think maybe he should try RAH-E. They banned Krooger, so they can't be
all bad.

Stewart Pinkerton is doing just fine clobbering the morons who won't accept
the truth about audio.

"Carl Valle" wrote in message

"MINe 109" wrote in message
"Carl Valle" wrote:

I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that
you
can reccomend?

Would you take recommendations from people other than JA?

Stephen

Yes I would

Web based groups like www,diyaudio.have lively discussions that are
semi-moderated.
Virtually every place I've found that discusses audio related topics has a
snob factor. IOW the my stereo sounds better than your stereo. The people
who run these boards do tend to cut off and not post things that get too
nasty. The home theatre discussion board is perfect for those that don't
care muc h about DBT's and ABX, because most of the people there are true
believers in the everything sounds different mold.

Clyde Slick

k.net...

wrote in message ...

MINe 109 said:

Would you take recommendations from people other than JA?

I think maybe he should try RAH-E. They banned Krooger, so they can't be
all bad.

Stewart Pinkerton is doing just fine clobbering the morons who won't
accept the truth about audio.

Stewart is too drunk to handle a wreckng ball.

Clyde Slick

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...
I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that
you
can reccomend?

You'll find people who respond on topic. Simply ignore the people you
don't
want to engage.

You should try it.

If irony held a mirror to your face.

Carl Valle

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
. ..

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

You are an idiot.

Thanks
I am sure you are qualified to make that assesment.
In the meantime, why don't you try real hard to write something useful.
When people write insults without justification I usually just reverse
the pronoun.
Try it.

Carl

Agin yu missplled sumething. Wee dunt llikee peeple
hoo kant spyll. Yuo ar ann idiott. nut cawse
yuo kant spelle, butte becaws yuo ar tu stoopid
tu notiss sarcasisim.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Thanks
Actually my wireless keyboard is dropping characters because I am typing too
fast.
I did not see any sarcasm in your comments. What I did see was pointless,
nasty, name calling on your part, for no reason other than a dropped letter.
I notice that the error did not keep you from reading the post. You have
however, to this time, not posted anything useful.
Indeed you are providing a very good example of what is, in my opinion, the
major thing wrong with RAO.
You have yet to post anything OT and have resorted to name calling. You are
indeed very clever.

Robert Morein

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...
I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news

groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that
you
can reccomend?

You'll find people who respond on topic. Simply ignore the people you
don't
want to engage.

You should try it.

If irony held a mirror to your face.

Irony has gotten tired of all the calls for intervention, and has moved on.

Clyde Slick

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Idiot!
Going back to the original post, my reply
was not really about the dropped letter, it was about
the content. I just used your letter dropping
as my stage. You are really, really dumb.

Carl Valle

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Your stage is as rotten as your foul mouth. If you met me in person you
would not have the courage to call me what you called me in your first
reply. You can type your garbage bravely from your little pit in the dark.
Come see me, and yell out "MF" and lets see how brave you are. I wish you a
disease. People like you are are a waste carbon.

Clyde Slick

"Carl Valle" wrote in message

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
. ..

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

You are an idiot.

Thanks
I am sure you are qualified to make that assesment.
In the meantime, why don't you try real hard to write something
useful.
When people write insults without justification I usually just reverse
the pronoun.
Try it.

Carl

Agin yu missplled sumething. Wee dunt llikee peeple
hoo kant spyll. Yuo ar ann idiott. nut cawse
yuo kant spelle, butte becaws yuo ar tu stoopid
tu notiss sarcasisim.

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups
=----

[...]

You still didn't get it.
You are nearly as stupid as Sullivan.
Even Mikey would have some glimmer of understanding.

John Atkinson

Carl Valle wrote:
I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other
news groups that have similar general audio topics with less
personal attacks that you can reccomend?

R.a.h-e by definition is free from flames. For the widest-ranging
discussions, try www.audioasylum.com. Check out www.audioannexe.com
also. www.stereophile.com will shortly introduce its own discussion
forums.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Clyde Slick

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
oups.com...

.. www.stereophile.com will shortly introduce its own discussion
forums.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Is Arny 'invited', or is he banned from the get go?

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

k.net...

wrote in message ...

MINe 109 said:

Would you take recommendations from people other than JA?

I think maybe he should try RAH-E. They banned Krooger, so they can't be
all bad.

Stewart Pinkerton is doing just fine clobbering the morons who won't
accept the truth about audio.

Stewart is too drunk to handle a wreckng ball.

You don't need anythihng that massive to bludgeon the anti-ABX idiots.
Simple truth works just fine.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...
I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news
groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks that
you
can reccomend?

You'll find people who respond on topic. Simply ignore the people you
don't
want to engage.

You should try it.

If irony held a mirror to your face.

Compared to how many opportunites I have, I ignore vast amounts of nonsense
on RAO.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...
I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news

groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks
that
you
can reccomend?

You'll find people who respond on topic. Simply ignore the people you
don't
want to engage.

You should try it.

If irony held a mirror to your face.

Irony has gotten tired of all the calls for intervention, and has moved
on.

See, Art, I'm ignoring this idiot, right now.

Clyde Slick

" wrote in message
news

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
m...
I really don't enjoy audio rec op very much. Are there other news

groups
that have similar general audio topics with less personal attacks
that
you
can reccomend?

You'll find people who respond on topic. Simply ignore the people you
don't
want to engage.

You should try it.

If irony held a mirror to your face.

Irony has gotten tired of all the calls for intervention, and has moved
on.

See, Art, I'm ignoring this idiot, right now.

Uh-huh

George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

See, Art, I'm ignoring this idiot, right now.

Uh-huh

I wonder what "ignore" means in Mikey's language.

John Atkinson

Clyde Slick wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in message
oups.com...
www.stereophile.com will shortly introduce its own discussion
forums.

Is Arny 'invited', or is he banned from the get go?

Arny will be free as anyone else to post, provided he refraiuns from
flames and agrees to be moderated (not be me, it should be noted).

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

George M. Middius

John Atkinson said:

Is Arny 'invited', or is he banned from the get go?

Arny will be free as anyone else to post, provided he refraiuns from
flames and agrees to be moderated (not be me, it should be noted).

Does he get to have anesthesia for that? G

John Atkinson, the half-wit prince of snake oil, wrote:

provided he refraiuns from
flames and agrees to be moderated (not be me, it should be noted).

;-)

sam

the red face, greasy hair, overweight, jobless dick Malesweski wrote:

John Atkinson really ****es me off and makes my face do this - ;-)

your life must really suck.

EddieM

nyob123 wrote
Clyde Slick wrote
McKelvy aka nyob123 wrote

Stewart Pinkerton is doing just fine clobbering the morons who won't
accept the truth about audio.

Stewart is too drunk to handle a wreckng ball.

You don't need anythihng that massive to bludgeon the anti-ABX idiots.
Simple truth works just fine.

What other valid audio testing do you know you believe support or
confirm the notion that audiophiles are, as you had said many times
before, delusional for hearing subtle differences that (you think)
aren't there ?

Why are anti-abx idiots ?

"EddieM" wrote in message
.. .
nyob123 wrote
Clyde Slick wrote
McKelvy aka nyob123 wrote

Stewart Pinkerton is doing just fine clobbering the morons who won't
accept the truth about audio.

Stewart is too drunk to handle a wreckng ball.

You don't need anythihng that massive to bludgeon the anti-ABX idiots.
Simple truth works just fine.

What other valid audio testing do you know you believe support or
confirm the notion that audiophiles are, as you had said many times
before, delusional for hearing subtle differences that (you think)
aren't there ?

Any comparisons that control bias and rely only on what the listener HEARS.

Why are anti-abx idiots ?

For rejecting the methodology, and the findings. They are so convinced that
the differences are real that even when they try and ABX comparison, and
fail to detect them, they claim the test is faulty.

The ABX comparisons done by others involved in different areas of audio,
hearing aids and cel phone research, for example, are used to improve their
products, and they are non-contoversial. Only audiophiles claim that they
are flawed, yet they have nothing to offer in place of them.

EddieM

nyob wrote
EddieM wrote
nyob123 wrote

snip

You don't need anythihng that massive to bludgeon the anti-ABX idiots.
Simple truth works just fine.

What other valid audio testing do you know you believe support or
confirm the notion that audiophiles are, as you had said many times
before, delusional for hearing subtle differences that (you think)
aren't there ?

Any comparisons that control bias and rely only on what the listener HEARS.

A result of hearing no differences under your condition above will not
prove the absence of subtle sound preferences that physically exist.

Why are anti-abx idiots ?

For rejecting the methodology, and the findings. They are so convinced that
the differences are real that even when they try an ABX comparison, and fail
to detect them, they claim the test is faulty.

The ABX comparisons done by others involved in different areas of audio,
hearing aids and cell phone research, for example, are used to improve their
products, and they are non-controversial. [...]

As you are saying here, the intent for this particular method of comparison
is to search for improvement in their products.

[...] Only audiophiles claim that they are flawed, yet they have nothing to
offer in place of them.

Could it be that the above methodology is flawed if adapted and applied
to their shopping requirement because their intention is not to improve or
change the designs and sound of particular unit when auditioning high-end
components.

Agree or disagree ?

How can this ABX methodology be applied by audiophiles when shopping
for unit if their intention is not to improve or alter the particular designs
or sound the components produced ?

"EddieM" wrote in message
news
nyob wrote
EddieM wrote
nyob123 wrote

snip

You don't need anythihng that massive to bludgeon the anti-ABX idiots.
Simple truth works just fine.

What other valid audio testing do you know you believe support or
confirm the notion that audiophiles are, as you had said many times
before, delusional for hearing subtle differences that (you think)
aren't there ?

Any comparisons that control bias and rely only on what the listener
HEARS.

A result of hearing no differences under your condition above will not
prove the absence of subtle sound preferences that physically exist.

It will for the person making the comparison as it relates to the 2 units
being compared.

Why are anti-abx idiots ?

For rejecting the methodology, and the findings. They are so convinced
that the differences are real that even when they try an ABX comparison,
and fail to detect them, they claim the test is faulty.

The ABX comparisons done by others involved in different areas of audio,
hearing aids and cell phone research, for example, are used to improve
their products, and they are non-controversial. [...]

As you are saying here, the intent for this particular method of
comparison
is to search for improvement in their products.

There can't be an improvement without a difference. If one is trying to
determine if something is better sounding than something else, it has to
sound DIFFERENT. If it soesn't sound different, it can't be better.

[...] Only audiophiles claim that they are flawed, yet they have nothing
to offer in place of them.

Could it be that the above methodology is flawed if adapted and applied
to their shopping requirement because their intention is not to improve or
change the designs and sound of particular unit when auditioning high-end
components.

Agree or disagree ?

If you are not looking to upgrade or improve the sound of your system, there
would be no reason to do a DBT. Nobody here has suggested that anybody
needs to do one for any buying decision, only that it's the best way to
determine if there are subtle differences between devices.

How can this ABX methodology be applied by audiophiles when shopping
for unit if their intention is not to improve or alter the particular
designs
or sound the components produced ?

See above.

EddieM

nyob123 wrote
EddieM wrote
nyob wrote
EddieM wrote
nyob123 wrote

snip

You don't need anythihng that massive to bludgeon the anti-ABX idiots.
Simple truth works just fine.

What other valid audio testing do you know you believe support or
confirm the notion that audiophiles are, as you had said many times
before, delusional for hearing subtle differences that (you think)
aren't there ?

Any comparisons that control bias and rely only on what the listener
HEARS.

A result of hearing no differences under your condition above will not
prove the absence of subtle sound preferences that physically exist.

It will for the person making the comparison as it relates to the 2 units
being compared.

Now how the do you do this if "assuming" that you completely "control"
the listener's biases during this comparative test ?

Why are anti-abx idiots ?

For rejecting the methodology, and the findings. They are so convinced
that the differences are real that even when they try an ABX comparison,
and fail to detect them, they claim the test is faulty.

The ABX comparisons done by others involved in different areas of audio,
hearing aids and cell phone research, for example, are used to improve
their products, and they are non-controversial. [...]

As you are saying here, the intent for this particular method of comparison
is to search for improvement in their products.

There can't be an improvement without a difference. If one is trying to
determine if something is better sounding than something else, it has to
sound DIFFERENT. If it soesn't sound different, it can't be better.

Of course they can't improve and make their products line better if they can't
distinguish any differences among them during comparative testing.

[...] Only audiophiles claim that they are flawed, yet they have nothing
to offer in place of them.

Could it be that the above methodology is flawed if adapted and applied
to their shopping requirement because their intention is not to improve or
change the designs and sound of particular unit when auditioning high-end
components.

Agree or disagree ?

If you are not looking to upgrade or improve the sound of your system,
there would be no reason to do a DBT. [...]

You're suggesting above to do a comparative listening test called DBT in
order to improve the sound of the components in your system ...

[...] Nobody here has suggested that anybody needs to do one for any buying
decision, only that it's the best way to determine if there are subtle
differences between devices.

................ So here, are you still suggesting to do DBT to determine
subtle differences 'cause it's the best way to improve the sound produced
by the devices ?

How can this ABX methodology be applied by audiophiles when shopping
for unit if their intention is not to improve or alter the particular
designs or sound that the components produced ?

See above.

The only thing I'm seeing above are lamentable confusion, and shambling of
qouted text.

"EddieM" wrote in message
m...
nyob123 wrote
EddieM wrote
nyob wrote
EddieM wrote
nyob123 wrote

snip

You don't need anythihng that massive to bludgeon the anti-ABX
idiots. Simple truth works just fine.

What other valid audio testing do you know you believe support or
confirm the notion that audiophiles are, as you had said many times
before, delusional for hearing subtle differences that (you think)
aren't there ?

Any comparisons that control bias and rely only on what the listener
HEARS.

A result of hearing no differences under your condition above will not
prove the absence of subtle sound preferences that physically exist.

It will for the person making the comparison as it relates to the 2 units
being compared.

Now how the do you do this if "assuming" that you completely "control"
the listener's biases during this comparative test ?

I don't have any idea what the above is supposed to mean. Try again.

Why are anti-abx idiots ?

For rejecting the methodology, and the findings. They are so convinced
that the differences are real that even when they try an ABX
comparison, and fail to detect them, they claim the test is faulty.

The ABX comparisons done by others involved in different areas of
audio, hearing aids and cell phone research, for example, are used to
improve their products, and they are non-controversial. [...]

As you are saying here, the intent for this particular method of
comparison is to search for improvement in their products.

There can't be an improvement without a difference. If one is trying to
determine if something is better sounding than something else, it has to
sound DIFFERENT. If it doesn't sound different, it can't be better.

[...]

I'm suggesting that if one is considering an upgrade to his system, and
wants to make sure the money being spent is for an improvement, then doing a
DBT (double blind test) is the best way to determine if there are subtle
differences.

[...] Nobody here has suggested that anybody needs to do one for any
buying decision, only that it's the best way to determine if there are
subtle differences between devices.

............... So here, are you still suggesting to do DBT to determine
subtle differences 'cause it's the best way to improve the sound produced
by the devices ?

No. It's the best way to determine if subtle differences exist.

How can this ABX methodology be applied by audiophiles when shopping
for unit if their intention is not to improve or alter the particular
designs or sound that the components produced ?

See above.

The only thing I'm seeing above are lamentable confusion, and shambling of
qouted text.

Then there's no reason to talk to you. Either you don't understand what's
being said, and nothing I said is complicated, or you are pulling my chain.