AJS

Default Remote start pulse too short.

New remote start alarm, pulse is of very short duration and will not start
the car. It seems to have a fixed duration pulse and doesn't pulse until it
gets feed back. What are my options? Thinking about adding a latching relay,
timer and circuit to latch and hold for XX seconds max once it gets the
pulse from the alarm. It will have a feedback to unlatch the circuit once
started. Sound okay?

AJS

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
renegadeejay

i wouldn't latch your starter...no way bro.
is the tach programable, and did you program it?
is the car fuel injected or carbeurated?

--
renegadeejay
renegadeejay's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=35937

AJS

"renegadeejay" wrote in
message news:1123310595.9d03b0abe883d974521e737448acbe3f@t eranews...

i wouldn't latch your starter...no way bro.

I can use a fixed pulse and slowly increase it until it starts. The idea I
stated seems to be safe and effective. I could add feedback from two sources
for extra safety. To me the fact it has both a limited timed pulse (as it
currently has) and an over ride from a signal that would only be present
once started makes it as safe as it could be. Once the starter triggers the
feed back will kill the starting circuit OR if xx time expires the circuit
will switch off. Maybe I didn't explain the idea properly?

is the tach programable, and did you program it?

Trying to find out and I didn't program it.

is the car fuel injected or carbeurated?

EFI. I've got the shop manual and it looks like the pulse is so short the
injectors are not firing before it stops the pulse. It seems they think
(MFR) that the injectors will fire in this time and therefore on the next
cycle the engine will have fuel and start. Pulse is aprox .75 of a second.

AJS

joe.ker

"AJS" wrote in message

[...]

What type of remote start is it? Every remote start I've seen had a
programmable timed start output, usually from .6 to 2 seconds.
Also what year and type vehicle is it? A lot of new vehicles had a chip in
the key that prevents the car from starting without the key in the ignition.