AL

Default rca splitters

Hi guy's need your advice. I bought a Sony 4 channel amp which drives my
front and rear spaekers. Now I have a Jensen 340 amp that I want to hook
up to two new Subs I bought. Is it ok to run a rca splitter off my head
units rear out put to the Jensen amp. So half goes to the Sony and the
other side to the Jensen, will this harm anything?
Thanks
AL

KaeZoo

"AL" wrote in message
. ..
Hi guy's need your advice. I bought a Sony 4 channel amp which drives my
front and rear spaekers. Now I have a Jensen 340 amp that I want to hook
up to two new Subs I bought. Is it ok to run a rca splitter off my head
units rear out put to the Jensen amp. So half goes to the Sony and the
other side to the Jensen, will this harm anything?
Thanks
AL

No, this will work fine. You might also check to see if the Sony amp has a
line output as well as inputs; then you can connect this output to the
Jensen amp instead of using splitters.

Scott Johnson

"AL" wrote in message
. ..
Hi guy's need your advice. I bought a Sony 4 channel amp which drives my
front and rear spaekers. Now I have a Jensen 340 amp that I want to hook
up to two new Subs I bought. Is it ok to run a rca splitter off my head
units rear out put to the Jensen amp. So half goes to the Sony and the
other side to the Jensen, will this harm anything?
Thanks
AL

yes. you can do this.

AL

Thank guy's, if I didn't check well.. Murphys Law LOL
AL

AL

Gotta bug ya again. I used a set of slitters of the rear channel of my
head unit and ran one side to my 4 channel amp and the other to my
Jensen 340watt amp that will run the 2 legacy 400watt subs. Well can't
get the subs to produce any volume. Should I run the splitters from the
front channel of head unit to the 4 channel amp and have the rear of
head unit just to feed the Subs?
Novice here, but trying LOL.
Thanks
AL

Spockie

i tired rca splitting my 2 channel head unit to four speakers

don't listen to these ****ers who tell you to use rca spitters

damn

it is ****y how they ****ng say **** but don't have first hand knowledge

get a ****ing new head unit like i am

one with 3 sets

one for rear and front speakers

and one for subs

peace.
Scott Gardner

Sorry to hear you gave up so quickly, but your attitude is really
****-poor. Most of us here DO have first-hand experience with using
splitters, because for a long time, you couldn't GET a receiver with
two or three sets of preouts. Back when decks only had one set of
preouts, and amplifiers didn't do anything but amplify, the common
practice was to take one set of preouts and split them to several amps
- one for the fronts, one for the rears, and one for the sub(s). It
worked fine then, and it works fine now.

Scott Gardner

On Fri, 07 May 2004 03:21:05 GMT, Spockie wrote:

i tired rca splitting my 2 channel head unit to four speakers

don't listen to these ****ers who tell you to use rca spitters

damn

it is ****y how they ****ng say **** but don't have first hand knowledge

get a ****ing new head unit like i am

one with 3 sets

one for rear and front speakers

and one for subs

peace.

MZ

Don't blame those of us with actual experience just because you don't know
how to do things.

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Spockie" wrote in message
1...
i tired rca splitting my 2 channel head unit to four speakers

don't listen to these ****ers who tell you to use rca spitters

damn

it is ****y how they ****ng say **** but don't have first hand knowledge

get a ****ing new head unit like i am

one with 3 sets

one for rear and front speakers

and one for subs

peace.

Les

1...

Don't listen to this noob dumbass ****stick. He is a complete moron who
doesn't know **** about audio.

damn

it is ****y how they ****ng say **** but don't have first hand knowledge

I have more first hand knowledge with car audio in the past 3 months that
you have had in your entire life, dumbass.

get a ****ing new head unit like i am

one with 3 sets

In other words go spend a bunch of money for no reason in this case. You're
not very smart are you?

one for rear and front speakers

and one for subs

Or just split your current output and save a few hundred dollars that you
could spend on something else.

peace.

I don't think so.

Les

Scott Johnson

"Spockie" wrote in message
1...
i tired rca splitting my 2 channel head unit to four speakers

don't listen to these ****ers who tell you to use rca spitters

damn

it is ****y how they ****ng say **** but don't have first hand knowledge

Hmm.

Do you have an MECP certification? I do! do you have over 18 years of
installation under your belt? I do! Have you done atleast 500 installations?
I have.

Since no one else has a problem using rca splitters but you, it could
possibly be that you misused them in some way.

Spockie

Do you have an MECP certification? I do! do you have over 18 years of
installation under your belt? I do! Have you done atleast 500
installations? I have.

Since no one else has a problem using rca splitters but you, it could
possibly be that you misused them in some way.

the problem is probably my amp then

it is a boss amp that i bought and it was suppose to be new but i got it
through an auto dealer who sold on ebay

all four speakers sound fine for a while, then i turn on my car for
about 1 min then the front speakers go out

i am going to try swithcing the front and back speakers on the amp
and also check the fuse on the amp

i doubt that will help though, and it will probably be a waste of my
****ing time

it ****ing sucks when people label **** new but it ain't work right
it had new bags and papers and box and everything

i just don't ****ing know

AL

Spockie wrote:
i tired rca splitting my 2 channel head unit to four speakers

don't listen to these ****ers who tell you to use rca spitters

damn

it is ****y how they ****ng say **** but don't have first hand knowledge

get a ****ing new head unit like i am

one with 3 sets

one for rear and front speakers

and one for subs

peace.

These guy's have been great to me. Every time I need some advice or a
question answered I get it. These guy's know there stuff. I am in my 40s
and most of the wiring these day's is allot different than when I did it.
I have NEVER had a problem here everything has worked out great. So
maybe I will pass on YOUR Advice because for the life of me your
problem about splitters is way to simple, I had to do it the other day
and the splitters worked out fine for me.
So my advice is don't bash the people that try to help you.
AL