Al Kondo

Default 91 Toyota Camry: Strange radio/electrical problem... help please

I have a 91 Camry LE and have had unusual problems with my radio. It
is one of the larger radio/cassette player combinations. It has a
square LED display. I have had continuing problems with the radio
"cutting out" as I drive. I have had it repaired at an outfit that
specializes in auto radios and it worked for about 5 months after the
repair. Last Spring, it started with the same problem again. I
returned the radio to the repair shop, but they couldn't figure it
out. They indicated that the radio was ok.

Here is the strange part ...... now that I am in the throes of a
typical Houston area summer, the radio plays like a charm as long as I
am running my ac and the associated fan. It is as if the additional
electrical draw causes my radio to work correctly. I would like to
know what the possibilities are so that it will work all year round.

Thanks, Al Kondo
Jeff

"Al Kondo" wrote in message
[...]

Provided the cars electrical system is OK, it sounds
like some type of capacitor or regulator IC problem.
A model/Mfg info may help, but I do not remember
a LED display in 91 Toyota, LCD was the norm.
Jeff