Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sal Brisindi Sal Brisindi is offline

Default SoJo 104.9 question?

Hi Tom,
I have a question, I know Michele Pilenza is on NJ101.5 7-11pm but she
is also on SoJo 104.9 during the day. The unmanned studio you showed us
on Sunday, is it still computer controlled during the weekday or are
there live DJ's? in there?

Regards,
Sal

PS: I listened to my Dynaco last night trying 3 different set of tubes,
2 quads of Sovteks and my $90.00 quad of SED EL34

They all sounded the same to me. I guess the real test is to measure the
output with test equipment to "see" if there is a difference.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
coffeedj coffeedj is offline

Try comparing with NOS tubes, preferrable Mullard or Amperex. I think
you'll find there is an audible difference.

"Sal Brisindi" wrote in message
Hi Tom,
I have a question, I know Michele Pilenza is on NJ101.5 7-11pm but she is
also on SoJo 104.9 during the day. The unmanned studio you showed us on
Sunday, is it still computer controlled during the weekday or are there
live DJ's? in there?

Regards,
Sal

PS: I listened to my Dynaco last night trying 3 different set of tubes, 2
quads of Sovteks and my $90.00 quad of SED EL34

They all sounded the same to me. I guess the real test is to measure the
output with test equipment to "see" if there is a difference.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sal Brisindi Sal Brisindi is offline

My original message was posted here by mistake, I wanted to email it to
someone email address.

coffeedj wrote:
Try comparing with NOS tubes, preferrable Mullard or Amperex. I think
you'll find there is an audible difference.

"Sal Brisindi" wrote in message
Hi Tom,
I have a question, I know Michele Pilenza is on NJ101.5 7-11pm but she is
also on SoJo 104.9 during the day. The unmanned studio you showed us on
Sunday, is it still computer controlled during the weekday or are there
live DJ's? in there?

Regards,
Sal

PS: I listened to my Dynaco last night trying 3 different set of tubes, 2
quads of Sovteks and my $90.00 quad of SED EL34

They all sounded the same to me. I guess the real test is to measure the
output with test equipment to "see" if there is a difference.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Mar 27, 8:31 pm, "coffeedj" wrote:

Try comparing with NOS tubes, preferrable Mullard or Amperex. I think
you'll find there is an audible difference.

Tom:

If the Amperex/Mullard/GE NOS tubes are truly NOS, there will be an
audible difference between them and recent-production tubes. Whether
that difference is positive or negative will very largely depend on
the listener, that the bias is correct and that both sets of tubes are
at least a few hours old, are reasonably well matched during the
listening period (unless grossly mis-matched, this will happen over
time anyway) and a few other factors of similar nature. But you know
this anyway, of course.

Sal:

Do you have a tester that will allow you to match (at least
reasonably) the tubes you have into pairs? This will help with the
listening tests to show real rather than conditional differences
between them. If not, bring the beast and the tubes to Kutztown, I
will bring my tester and we will do some matching. I also have a small
supply of NOS tubes, including GE, Mullard and Siemens that may be
worth checking.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA