AL

Default stereo shutting down

Quick question, can under sized power wire make a system shut down. I
have 10ga from battery to trunk and it feeds two amps and deck, one amp
is rated 340 and the other 120. The sound goes off for a few seconds
then comes back on, does this mean it is not getting the power it needs.
Would running another 10ga wire be enough.
Thanks
AL

TO-3

AL wrote:
*Quick question, can under sized power wire make a system shut down.

*

Yes.

*
I have 10ga from battery to trunk and it feeds two amps and deck, one
amp
is rated 340 and the other 120. The sound goes off for a few seconds
then comes back on, does this mean it is not getting the power it
needs.
Would running another 10ga wire be enough.
Thanks
AL

*

10 AWG for 460W??? I don't think that I would use 8 gauge for that. You
are losing most of your systems power in your power cable. I would
consider upgrading to 8 or 4(preferably the latter).
--
TO-3
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=150714

The Lizard

TO-3 wrote:
AL wrote:

*Quick question, can under sized power wire make a system shut down.

*

Yes.

Uhm...no...

*
I have 10ga from battery to trunk and it feeds two amps and deck, one
amp
is rated 340 and the other 120. The sound goes off for a few seconds
then comes back on, does this mean it is not getting the power it
needs.

10 AWG for 460W??? I don't think that I would use 8 gauge for that. You
are losing most of your systems power in your power cable. I would
consider upgrading to 8 or 4(preferably the latter).

C'mon TO-3! You didn't ask the fundamental question - what kind of car,
and what kind of amps! If this guy has two pyramid amps in the back of
his Ford Festiva, 10 gauge will work fine! If he's running two Rockford
Punch amps in the trunk of his 86 Lincoln Continental, 4 gauge might not
even be enough.

--
Lizard

teamROCS #007 / Technical Director / Founding Member *res derelicta*
http://www.teamrocs.com/
Save Farscape http://www.watchfarscape.com

The Lizard

AL wrote:
Quick question, can under sized power wire make a system shut down. I
have 10ga from battery to trunk and it feeds two amps and deck, one amp
is rated 340 and the other 120. The sound goes off for a few seconds
then comes back on, does this mean it is not getting the power it needs.
Would running another 10ga wire be enough.
Thanks
AL

What kind of car? What kind of amps? 10 gauge would be enough if you've
got a small car and the amps are overrated. On the other hand, if you've
got a land yacht, and the amps are underrated, it could cause the amps
to cut off, but it's still unlikely.

More likely causes are poor connections either at the ground or power
connections for your componants.