Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Laurent C Laurent C is offline

Default Revox Model 40 Amplifier

Hello,

I bought recently this 60's amplifier (push-pull ECL86 (6GW8)). After
having removed the bottom cover I found that the power supply has been
badly reworked: rectifiers bridge were replaced by diodes soldered on
veroboard, new capacitors glued on the chassis and wiring not clean at
all.
I suspect this could be the cause of the RF oscillation that I can see
on the scope, maybe due to ground issues. Switching valves improves
significantly the problem and I plan a retubing but I am not sure that
this is the real cause.
So I am looking for a picture of the original wiring in case somebody in
this group owns the same device.
Thank you in advance to welcome me in this group as a newbie.

Regards,
Laurent.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Laurent C Laurent C is offline

François Yves Le Gal wrote:

The Revox 40 is quite a rare beast. I've only seen one in Switzerland years
ago. Proverbial Revox/Studer quality, well worth a careful restoration.

I've no info on this model, but maybe either the people at Revox.net or
radiomuseum can help. Check for instance
www.radiomuseum.org/r/studer_revox_40.html

Thank you for the hint. I will look in this way...

Bienvenue.

Merci.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Laurent C" wrote in message
news:1hu4ur1.a2rj1dkh2qtcN%proprio.liste@ouanadou. fr
François Yves Le Gal wrote:

The Revox 40 is quite a rare beast. I've only seen one
in Switzerland years ago. Proverbial Revox/Studer
quality, well worth a careful restoration.

I've no info on this model, but maybe either the people
at Revox.net or radiomuseum can help. Check for instance
www.radiomuseum.org/r/studer_revox_40.html

Thank you for the hint. I will look in this way...

In german, but no panhandling for gelb:

http://www.revoxonline.ch/new-verstaerker-Modell40.htm

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches Iain Churches is offline

"Laurent C" wrote in message
news:1hu3d3z.1yf6dtd3s2ya2N%proprio.liste@ouanadou .fr...
Hello,

I bought recently this 60's amplifier (push-pull ECL86 (6GW8)). After
having removed the bottom cover I found that the power supply has been
badly reworked: rectifiers bridge were replaced by diodes soldered on
veroboard, new capacitors glued on the chassis and wiring not clean at
all.
I suspect this could be the cause of the RF oscillation that I can see
on the scope, maybe due to ground issues. Switching valves improves
significantly the problem and I plan a retubing but I am not sure that
this is the real cause.
So I am looking for a picture of the original wiring in case somebody in
this group owns the same device.
Thank you in advance to welcome me in this group as a newbie.

Regards,
Laurent.

Hello Laurent.

I have the owner's manual in .pdf format and I can also send you
some digital pictures of the inside of a ReVox model 40 which is
in pristine original condition.

Please contact me by e-mail.

Best regards
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Iain Churches wrote:

I have the owner's manual in .pdf format and I can also send you
some digital pictures of the inside of a ReVox model 40 which is
in pristine original condition.

Great ! I'll contact you right now !

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Arny Krueger wrote:

In german, but no panhandling for gelb:

http://www.revoxonline.ch/new-verstaerker-Modell40.htm

Thanks. The bottom view is unfortunately missing ;-)
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Laurent C Laurent C is offline

Figurines wrote:

Found an advert for this amp in Dec 1962 Gramaphone Magazine but Photo
only shows the open lid on the top!!!. Tube lineup ECC83. 3 ECC81 and 4
ECL86.
Oh well

John

Thank you John. I got the photos from Iain :-)

[FS] Revox Reel Recorder - Cambridge Audio Power Amplifier - Monacor Woofers - and other things Meadow_61 Marketplace 0 February 17th 06 09:55 PM
David Rich michael High End Audio 39 January 27th 06 12:25 AM
A Strawman, Constructed and Destroyed-Williamson's Folly? [email protected] Audio Opinions 45 July 22nd 05 08:09 PM
Audio amplifier design trivial? John Atkinson Audio Opinions 166 November 14th 03 07:34 PM