Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute

Default Monday, 6 March

Yesterday was a crisp, sunny day here. -- Andre Jute

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Fella

Andre Jute wrote:

Yesterday was a crisp, sunny day here. -- Andre Jute

Prove it! (tm)
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Dave xxxx

Fella wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:

Yesterday was a crisp, sunny day here. -- Andre Jute

Prove it! (tm)

double blind test ? lol

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion

"Fella" wrote in message
Dave xxxx wrote:

Fella wrote:

Andre Jute wrote:

Yesterday was a crisp, sunny day here. -- Andre Jute

Prove it! (tm)

double blind test ? lol

All days are the same as their off-the-shelf mainstream japanese
counterparts! and All your bases are belong to us! and All resistance is
futile! DBT? LOL! Chicken****! Liar!

Confession is good for the soul.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion

Strange....

The International Weather Service stated: Cloudy, light showers and
wind-speeds up to 33kph (~20mph), temperature of 5C (41F). for Cork,
Ireland... all the way down near the southern tip. Supposed to last
through tomorrow. "Crisp" enough for me, but only when I am inside with
a fire going... And a non-phantom tube amp helping keep things warm.

Must be good drugs, or some of that Single Malt, 25 year old Black Bush
that he got from the same source as his 300Bs...

Ah, well. We all understand that Mr. McCoy lives a rich and full
fantasy life and has achieved inner peace designing bleeding-edge SOTA
SET amps for the great unwashed. Any day is a "crisp, sunny day" in
that world.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Andy Evans

Any day is a "crisp, sunny day" in that world.

Where all is for the best in the best of all possible worlds, one looks
for weeds in the garden......................

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute

Andy Evans wrote:
Where all is for the best in the best of all possible worlds, one looks
for weeds in the garden......................

There were no weeds on that sunny afternoon when I saw Cobus Rossouw
play Tartuffe. It must have been the middle or later fifties. It was
not the best hall in a sleepy country town and the audience was sparse.
Yet it shaped a good part of my life and much about my art, for Rossouw
was a fabulously strong actor, and character became the centrepiece of
my painting and writing. One cannot help but wonder if Moliere, via
Rossouw, didn't influence my sunny outlook.

There are some wonderful films with Rossouw extant, unfortunately in
Afrikaans. Die Kandidaat is superb, if you can get a copy with
subtitles.

Andre Jute

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion
Eiron

Andre Jute wrote:

Andy Evans wrote:

Where all is for the best in the best of all possible worlds, one looks
for weeds in the garden......................

There were no weeds on that sunny afternoon when I saw Cobus Rossouw
play Tartuffe. It must have been the middle or later fifties. It was
not the best hall in a sleepy country town and the audience was sparse.
Yet it shaped a good part of my life and much about my art, for Rossouw
was a fabulously strong actor, and character became the centrepiece of
my painting and writing. One cannot help but wonder if Moliere, via
Rossouw, didn't influence my sunny outlook.

How different things would have been had you based your life on Pangloss rather
than Tartuffe.

--
Eiron

There's something scary about stupidity made coherent - Tom Stoppard.