Posted to rec.audio.opinion
SkiFastBadly SkiFastBadly is offline

Default Device for digital storage of CDs?

Yeah, I googled and came up with nothing.

Is there a device onto which I can load my CDS (the music, not the discs),
which will hold the data as WAV, not mp3, which will act as a virtual CD
player, meaning it will send a signal out to my pre-amp, which has wireless
capability to go out to the internet to determine what CDs I'm loading, and
will provide an easy UI that allows me to select CDs to play OR will play
random cuts? And which will hold 500+ CDs?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"SkiFastBadly" wrote in
message

Yeah, I googled and came up with nothing.

Is there a device onto which I can load my CDS (the
music, not the discs), which will hold the data as WAV,
not mp3, which will act as a virtual CD player, meaning
it will send a signal out to my pre-amp, which has
wireless capability to go out to the internet to
determine what CDs I'm loading, and will provide an easy
UI that allows me to select CDs to play OR will play
random cuts? And which will hold 500+ CDs?

Yes, they are called Windows PCs.

A CD usually contains about 300 megabytes of audio data, more or less.

500 of them would be take about 150 gigabytes of hard drive space to load.

Just about any PC you buy today will have a 250 gigbyte hard drive.

That is room for more like 800 CDs.

You can easly put a 1 GB external hard drive on each of a PC's 4 back-panel
USB ports, for a total capacity of over 12,000 CDs. You can use freeware
lossless compression software like FLAC to approximately double that.

Any modern PC will have an audio interface that is close enough to CD
quality to get you started, and maybe make you happy indefinately. If you
want to upgrade, you can get a true studio grade audio interface for less
than $200.

You can load your CDs onto your new PC using Freeware software such as CDEX
or EAC.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly" wrote in
message

Yeah, I googled and came up with nothing.

Is there a device onto which I can load my CDS (the
music, not the discs), which will hold the data as WAV,
not mp3, which will act as a virtual CD player, meaning
it will send a signal out to my pre-amp, which has
wireless capability to go out to the internet to
determine what CDs I'm loading, and will provide an easy
UI that allows me to select CDs to play OR will play
random cuts? And which will hold 500+ CDs?

Yes, they are called Windows PCs.

Or Mac, of course.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly" wrote in
message

Yeah, I googled and came up with nothing.

Is there a device onto which I can load my CDS (the
music, not the discs), which will hold the data as WAV,
not mp3, which will act as a virtual CD player, meaning
it will send a signal out to my pre-amp, which has
wireless capability to go out to the internet to
determine what CDs I'm loading, and will provide an easy
UI that allows me to select CDs to play OR will play
random cuts? And which will hold 500+ CDs?

Yes, they are called Windows PCs.

Or Mac, of course.

Yes, you use Macs if you want 10% of the compatibility for twice the price.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly" wrote in
message

Yeah, I googled and came up with nothing.

Is there a device onto which I can load my CDS (the
music, not the discs), which will hold the data as WAV,
not mp3, which will act as a virtual CD player, meaning
it will send a signal out to my pre-amp, which has
wireless capability to go out to the internet to
determine what CDs I'm loading, and will provide an easy
UI that allows me to select CDs to play OR will play
random cuts? And which will hold 500+ CDs?

Yes, they are called Windows PCs.

Or Mac, of course.

Yes, you use Macs if you want 10% of the compatibility for twice the price.

Whatever, Arny. I'm simply expanding on the information you offered.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly" wrote in
message

Yeah, I googled and came up with nothing.

Is there a device onto which I can load my CDS (the
music, not the discs), which will hold the data as
WAV, not mp3, which will act as a virtual CD player,
meaning it will send a signal out to my pre-amp,
which has wireless capability to go out to the
internet to determine what CDs I'm loading, and will
provide an easy UI that allows me to select CDs to
play OR will play random cuts? And which will hold
500+ CDs?

Yes, they are called Windows PCs.

Or Mac, of course.

Yes, you use Macs if you want 10% of the compatibility
for twice the price.

Whatever, Arny. I'm simply expanding on the information
you offered.

Jenn, you have to remember that not being trust fund babies, money and
performance actually matter to some people.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly" wrote in
message

Yeah, I googled and came up with nothing.

Is there a device onto which I can load my CDS (the
music, not the discs), which will hold the data as
WAV, not mp3, which will act as a virtual CD player,
meaning it will send a signal out to my pre-amp,
which has wireless capability to go out to the
internet to determine what CDs I'm loading, and will
provide an easy UI that allows me to select CDs to
play OR will play random cuts? And which will hold
500+ CDs?

Yes, they are called Windows PCs.

Or Mac, of course.

Yes, you use Macs if you want 10% of the compatibility
for twice the price.

Whatever, Arny. I'm simply expanding on the information
you offered.

Jenn, you have to remember that not being trust fund babies, money and
performance actually matter to some people.

If you knew my background, you might understand what an asshole you're
being. What's your beef with me? I simply added to you answer to the
OP.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly" wrote
in message

[...]

It's just like you Jenn to fault me for failing to be omnisicent, and then
play the pity card.

What's your beef with me?

Your lack of character.

I simply added to you answer to the OP.

It was a inappropriate comment because of the rotten price/performance of
Macs, particularly as data storage devices. But its the sort of thing I
expect from people who brag about having jillion dollar microphones.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

"Jenn" wrote in message
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

[snip]

Jenn, you have to remember that not being trust fund
babies, money and performance actually matter to some
people.

If you knew my background, you might understand what an
asshole you're being. What's your beef with me? I
simply added to you answer to the OP.

Jenn, he's been on a victimizing rampage since last
night. You're just one of several he's gashed.

I love it when usually-agressive people bend over so far backwards to
characterize themselves as victims.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

y.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly" wrote
in message

[...]

I'm not faulting you for being "omnisicent". You took an uneducated
guess, and you were wrong. And I'm not playing the "pity card". I'm
pointing out what an asshole you're being.

What's your beef with me?

Your lack of character.

More being an asshole on your part.

I simply added to you answer to the OP.

It was a inappropriate comment because of the rotten price/performance of
Macs, particularly as data storage devices.

No, it's not inappropriate, Arny. It's a fact.

But its the sort of thing I
expect from people who brag about having jillion dollar microphones.

I don't have "jillion dollar microphones. Another wrong guess on your
part.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

It's just like you Jenn to fault me for failing to be
omniscient, and then play the pity card.

I'm not faulting you for being "omniscient".

I never said you did.

You took an
uneducated guess, and you were wrong.

No, I was being a tiny bit sarcastic.

And I'm not playing the "pity card".

Spare me!

I'm pointing out what an asshole you're being.

How sweet of you, Jenn.

What's your beef with me?

Your lack of character.

More being an asshole on your part.

No, just reflecting on readily observable facts.

I simply added to you answer to the OP.

It was a inappropriate comment because of the rotten
price/performance of Macs, particularly as data storage
devices.

No, it's not inappropriate, Arny. It's a fact.

Yes it is a fact that Macs have rotten price/performance as data storage
devices.

But its the sort of thing I
expect from people who brag about having jillion dollar
microphones.

I don't have "jillion dollar microphones.

You know exactly what I mean, Jenn - but thanks for showing your true colors
by being deceptive about it.

Another wrong guess on your part.

I'm praying that a modicum of self-awareness somehow enters your psyche,
Jenn. And soon!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

It's just like you Jenn to fault me for failing to be
omniscient, and then play the pity card.

I'm not faulting you for being "omniscient".

I never said you did.

You didn't? How do you know that it's "just like me"?

You took an
uneducated guess, and you were wrong.

No, I was being a tiny bit sarcastic.

You should try being nice to people.

And I'm not playing the "pity card".

Spare me!

Why spare you from the truth?

I'm pointing out what an asshole you're being.

How sweet of you, Jenn.

You shouldn't pick fights if you don't want to have one.

What's your beef with me?

Your lack of character.

More being an asshole on your part.

No, just reflecting on readily observable facts.

I've asked this many times before and you haven't answered the question:
How, in your opinion, do I show lack of character?

I simply added to you answer to the OP.

It was a inappropriate comment because of the rotten
price/performance of Macs, particularly as data storage
devices.

No, it's not inappropriate, Arny. It's a fact.

Yes it is a fact that Macs have rotten price/performance as data storage
devices.

Maybe he already has a Mac. You don't know his situation. "Delusions
of omnipresence noted."

But its the sort of thing I
expect from people who brag about having jillion dollar
microphones.

I don't have "jillion dollar microphones".

You know exactly what I mean, Jenn - but thanks for showing your true colors
by being deceptive about it.

What am I being deceptive about? I have four microphones totaling about
$600. Are those "jillion dollar" microphones?

Another wrong guess on your part.

I'm praying that a modicum of self-awareness somehow enters your psyche,
Jenn. And soon!

lol Irony meter off the scale.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly" wrote
in message

[...]

LOL! That's why they are the mainstay of the photographic world, right
Arny? Because they are inefficient and have a rotten price/performance
ratio? LOL! What a maroon!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

y.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly" wrote
in message

[...]

Uh oh! Arny's money envy has taken over again.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 20, 12:49*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

[...]

People of character don't tolerate miscreants just because they
aren't the brunt of their attention.

ScottW

Speak to Arny, Scott. Glass houses and all...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Yap! Barkety-yappity-bark-bark-WOOF! YAPYAPYAP!

they aren't the brunt of their attention.

Fleas geting to you today, Witless? Is the need to gibber dominating
your impulses?

I suggest a foray into Postal Vehicle Chasing. Just think of those
delicious spinning hubcaps, those flapping pant legs, and the rush of
the wind in your whiskers. Get your therapy, Scooter -- you need it bad.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Jenn" wrote in message

om
In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

.com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

gy.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly" wrote
in message

[...]

Not to mention the music world.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Yap! Barkety-yappity-bark-bark-WOOF! YAPYAPYAP!

they aren't the brunt of their attention.

Fleas geting to you today, Witless? Is the need to gibber dominating
your impulses?

I suggest a foray into Postal Vehicle Chasing. Just think of those
delicious spinning hubcaps, those flapping pant legs, and the rush of
the wind in your whiskers. Get your therapy, Scooter -- you need it bad.

For Scott: I'm against the throwing of such snot.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 20, 3:34*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 20, 1:24*pm, Jenn wrote:

For Scott: *I'm against the throwing of such snot.

*One must ask, is this the best a person of character can do?

Not at all, 2pid. She could cast aspersions about other people's
military service, like some other "people of character" do here.

LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

It's just like you Jenn to fault me for failing to be
omniscient, and then play the pity card.

I'm not faulting you for being "omniscient".

I never said you did.

You didn't?

Restated in a lower grade level of English than before, I said you faulted
me for *not* being omnisicent.

How do you know that it's "just like me"?

How many years of experience with you???

You took an
uneducated guess, and you were wrong.

No, I was being a tiny bit sarcastic.

You should try being nice to people.

I am nice --- to people.

And I'm not playing the "pity card".

Spare me!

Why spare you from the truth?

Sarcasm really flys over your head, doesn't it Jenn?

I'm pointing out what an asshole you're being.

How sweet of you, Jenn.

You shouldn't pick fights if you don't want to have one.

As usual, you need to live by some of the words you speak. Anybody with a
brain can see that you were trying to pick a Mac versus PC fight.

What's your beef with me?

Your lack of character.

More being an asshole on your part.

No, just reflecting on readily observable facts.

I've asked this many times before and you haven't
answered the question: How, in your opinion, do I show
lack of character?

This chain of posts, in particular.

I simply added to you answer to the OP.

It was a inappropriate comment because of the rotten
price/performance of Macs, particularly as data storage
devices.

No, it's not inappropriate, Arny. It's a fact.

Yes it is a fact that Macs have rotten price/performance
as data storage devices.

Maybe he already has a Mac. You don't know his
situation. "Delusions of omnipresence noted."

Maybe he also has 2 heads. Only a tiny minority of people in this world
lack ready access to a Windows PC. Its not quite as bad as the tiny
percentage of vinyl bigots, but it isn't that far off.

Of course, I should have known that anybody who has a Mac is so ignorant of
how computers work that he couldn't possibly translate my comments about
Windows PCs into their Mac equivalent. What was I thinking???

But its the sort of thing I
expect from people who brag about having jillion dollar
microphones.

I don't have "jillion dollar microphones".

You know exactly what I mean, Jenn - but thanks for
showing your true colors by being deceptive about it.

What am I being deceptive about? I have four microphones
totaling about $600. Are those "jillion dollar"
microphones?

Again, kicking the language down to a level that people with less than
normal IQs might understand, I was speaking of the hyper-expensive mics that
your school wasted the taxpayer's money on.

Another wrong guess on your part.

I'm praying that a modicum of self-awareness somehow
enters your psyche, Jenn. And soon!

lol Irony meter off the scale.

Yup its our perfect little Jenn, again.

How could a perfect little girl like you Jenn ever had a bad relationship
with your father?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 20, 12:49 pm, Jenn
wrote:
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

[...]

Nahh, Scott is just noting your ongoing love affair with the Middiot. You
bring out the gallant knight in white armor in him, Jenn. I sense that he's
warming up to drop a whole Depends full of what he does best on RAO.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"Jenn" wrote in message
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

y.
com
In article
,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly"
wrote in message

[...]

Joke - I have more recording equipment by accident than Harry ever has on
purpose.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Jenn" wrote in message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly"
wrote in message

[...]

What alternative universe is that, Harry?

Ever see the stats for sales of Photoshop for the PC versus Photoshop for
the Mac?

Because they are
inefficient and have a rotten price/performance ratio? LOL! What a
maroon!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Jenn" wrote in message

om
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

.com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

gy.
com
In article
,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly"
wrote in message

[...]

That's only because a lot of Mac bigots in education have been splurging
taxpayer and student money on excessively expensive equipment and software.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Signal" wrote in message

My goodness Arnold, you don't seem to be quite on edge
today. Did you trash another clients computer? :-)

No Paul, I'm still quite satisfied with what I did to your computer from
thousands of miles away. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Arny trashed his computers!

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message
news
"Signal" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

[snip]

My goodness Arnold, you don't seem to be quite on edge
today. Did you trash another clients computer? :-)

He did trash two computers about 4 days ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...8824f57409cf10

Particularly amusing is that he apparently did so by very
naive behavior:
"Then to add insult to injury, in the middle of finding
the backout procedure, I infected another computer with a
nasty spyware/virus infection. I guess God thought I
needed to be a little more humble. ;-)"
I was kind to him at the time, but this kind of
acting-out is extremely inconsiderate of the feelings of
others.
Apparently the carrot wins the matchup.

Letsee now Robert, you've posted this twice in two different threads.
Obviously I made your dreary life a little bit brighter today. I'm happy to
be of service.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 20, 3:37*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 20, 1:18*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

*ScottW wrote:
On May 20, 12:49*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

[...]

On the scale of snot, Arny is barely a buger compared to the
never ending stream that is Middiot/****R.

Do I snot on your audio-related posts, 2pid?

No.

Therefore your unintelligent justification for GOIA is inappropriate.
And stupid. LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Jenn" wrote in message

.c
om
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

gy
.com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

di
gy.
com
In article
,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly"
wrote in message

[...]

I wasn't even speaking about the education market, but now that you
mention it...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 20, 12:49 pm, Jenn
wrote:
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

y.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

[...]

You mean the guy that I basically never post to?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Poor, pitiful Scottie.

Do I snot on your audio-related posts, 2pid?

Lol...what post of mine DON'T you snot on?

Are you complaining, Woofies?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

LOL! That's why they are the mainstay of the
photographic world, right Arny? Because they are
inefficient and have a rotten price/performance ratio?
LOL! What a maroon!

Not to mention the music world.

That's only because a lot of Mac bigots in education have been splurging
taxpayer and student money on excessively expensive equipment and software.

I wasn't even speaking about the education market, but now that you
mention it...

Is it time to mention the graphics world? How about animation?

Apple's latest slogan is "the computer for the rest of us". That's not
empty adspeak. Outside of the corporate world and the custom SW arena,
Macs dominate professional desktops. Not that the Krooborg could be
expected to have any knowledge of that. It's enough Mr. **** is able to
scratch out a few bucks every week to fund his addictions to soundcards
and kiddie porn.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

Nahh, Scott is just noting your ongoing love affair with the Middiot.

You mean the guy that I basically never post to?

Arnii is so terrified of me that he assumes everybody else's thoughts
are dominated by fear of my next post just as his are.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 20, 5:34*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 20, 3:11*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On May 20, 3:37*pm, ScottW wrote:

On May 20, 1:18*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

*ScottW wrote:
On May 20, 12:49*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

[...]

Lol...I didn't say a word about your recent DAC geekfest, 2pid. That
was audio-related. You only get put in your place for all of your
other stupidity. If you'll recall, 2pid it was *you* who "snotted" on
my on-topic reply to your Orion post. Lol.

Now go back to your spec sheets. I think they're in the kennel.

Lol
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 20, 5:47*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Poor, pitiful Scottie.

Do I snot on your audio-related posts, 2pid?

Lol...what post of mine DON'T you snot on?

Are you complaining, Woofies?

2pid has no friends except us, George. His family doesn't even like
him.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

It's just like you Jenn to fault me for failing to be
omniscient, and then play the pity card.

I'm not faulting you for being "omniscient".

I never said you did.

You didn't?

Restated in a lower grade level of English than before, I said you faulted
me for *not* being omnisicent.

Sorry, I left out "not". Your point remains the same: nothing.

How do you know that it's "just like me"?

How many years of experience with you???

Too many. Your point remains the same.

You took an
uneducated guess, and you were wrong.

No, I was being a tiny bit sarcastic.

You should try being nice to people.

I am nice --- to people.

Suuuurrre.

And I'm not playing the "pity card".

Spare me!

Why spare you from the truth?

Sarcasm really flys over your head, doesn't it Jenn?

The truth flies over yours, Arny. An option for the OP was a Mac. All
I did was point that out.

I'm pointing out what an asshole you're being.

How sweet of you, Jenn.

You shouldn't pick fights if you don't want to have one.

As usual, you need to live by some of the words you speak. Anybody with a
brain can see that you were trying to pick a Mac versus PC fight.

lol Not at all. I was just pointing out an option to the OP. Your
skin is VERY thin today, Arny.

What's your beef with me?

Your lack of character.

More being an asshole on your part.

No, just reflecting on readily observable facts.

I've asked this many times before and you haven't
answered the question: How, in your opinion, do I show
lack of character?

This chain of posts, in particular.

That doesn't answer the question. You can't answer the question, so you
never will.

I simply added to you answer to the OP.

It was a inappropriate comment because of the rotten
price/performance of Macs, particularly as data storage
devices.

No, it's not inappropriate, Arny. It's a fact.

Yes it is a fact that Macs have rotten price/performance
as data storage devices.

Maybe he already has a Mac. You don't know his
situation. "Delusions of omnipresence noted."

Maybe he also has 2 heads. Only a tiny minority of people in this world
lack ready access to a Windows PC. Its not quite as bad as the tiny
percentage of vinyl bigots, but it isn't that far off.

OK Arny, I give up. I should have remembered that your perfect answers
to questions are never to be clarified or added to. You're right.

Of course, I should have known that anybody who has a Mac is so ignorant of
how computers work that he couldn't possibly translate my comments about
Windows PCs into their Mac equivalent. What was I thinking???

You weren't thinking. You were trying to pick a fight, and I stepped
into it. My bad.

But its the sort of thing I
expect from people who brag about having jillion dollar
microphones.

I don't have "jillion dollar microphones".

You know exactly what I mean, Jenn - but thanks for
showing your true colors by being deceptive about it.

What am I being deceptive about? I have four microphones
totaling about $600. Are those "jillion dollar"
microphones?

Again, kicking the language down to a level that people with less than
normal IQs might understand,

Asshole.

I was speaking of the hyper-expensive mics that
your school wasted the taxpayer's money on.

I don't "have" those microphones, Arny. I've SEEN them once; is that
what you meant?

Another wrong guess on your part.

I'm praying that a modicum of self-awareness somehow
enters your psyche, Jenn. And soon!

lol Irony meter off the scale.

Yup its our perfect little Jenn, again.

Again, another jerky straw-man statement. I never said that I was
perfect.

How could a perfect little girl like you Jenn ever had a bad relationship
with your father?

WTH? You are WAY off the sanity scale today, Arny. I hope that
whatever is bothering you gets worked out.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 20, 1:18*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW wrote:
On May 20, 12:49*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

igy.
com
In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

[...]

You give as well as you get with them. It's between you guys. What is
between Arny and me is just that. The difference is I don't expect you
to comment on Arny when it doesn't involve you.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

That's only because a lot of Mac bigots in education
have been splurging taxpayer and student money on
excessively expensive equipment and software.

Seem to me if that argument were valid, Arny, the MAC
would be the word processor and spread sheet machine of
choice.

Please explain the logical connection between what I said and what you
said, Harry.

I guess your brain went to sleep early tonight Arny. Tired of fighting off
your legions of obsessed admirers today?

Here....I'll give you the roadmap:

You: education using MACs = foolish musicians/engineers spending money on
MACs to record music
But by implication then: education using MACs = thousands upon thousands
of worker-bees using word processing and spreadsheeting on MACx in the
office.

If MACs in schools wre the source of musicians using MACs, Arny, why is it
not also the source of worker-bees using MACs in our offices.
Answer: neither statement is true. There is no logical consistency in your
inference that MACs in schools equals MACs in the studios.

Furthermore, the real reason is not obscure. The MAC was a machine produced
by a company that forsaw the merging of computer and the arts, and made
machines that fostered music, photography, graphics use, and accordingly
fostered the software to do it.

Does the stupidity of your arguments stand out clearly enough now for your
brain to absorb, Arny?

Good! Now go to bed.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"ScottW" wrote in message

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
om...
"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"SkiFastBadly"
wrote in message

[...]

Relative to market share, the MAC wins.

Prove it Harry. Provide a URL supporting this claim or admit that you're
making it up as you go along.

Looks to me like Adobe is turning their back on Apple.

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/04/03/apple...bit-photoshop/

Yeah they could screw it up yet, Scott, but that says nothing about where
they are as of today in terms of an user base.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 20, 3:43*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 20, 12:49 pm, Jenn
wrote:
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

dig
y.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

[...]

Yeah, the guy you're afraid to post to, that one.

ScottW

Are you afraid to post to Arny?