Greg

Default 8OHM DVC Bazooka and a Amp

Hello,

I got a Bazooka RS108DV. 8ohm coils. I was looking for an AMP and
trying to figure out how to wire this thing. From digging around on
the net, I come to the conclusion that if I wire the speaker in
parallel, then an amp will see it as 4ohm?

If an amp sees it as 4ohm, then I can just get an amp that is stable
at 4ohms, and then I can either get a one channel or maybe a 2 channel
and then bridge those channels? If I bridge, will it still be at 4ohms
or would bridging change things?

I want to keep it simple.

Thanks for your inputs.

Greg
Daniel Snooks

Greg wrote
Hello,

I got a Bazooka RS108DV. 8ohm coils. I was looking for an AMP and
trying to figure out how to wire this thing. From digging around on
the net, I come to the conclusion that if I wire the speaker in
parallel, then an amp will see it as 4ohm?

The VCs wired in parallel will result in a 4ohm load.

If an amp sees it as 4ohm, then I can just get an amp that is stable
at 4ohms, and then I can either get a one channel or maybe a 2 channel
and then bridge those channels?

If you only need 1 channel, why would you buy 2?

If I bridge, will it still be at 4ohms
or would bridging change things?

The amp will have specs that let you know what impedance it can handle when
bridged. Typically, if an amp can only handle 4ohm in stereo (2 channel)
then it will only handle 8ohm in mono (1 channel). Most 2 channel amps on
the market can handle 2ohm stereo and 4 ohm mono.

I want to keep it simple.

Are you planning on future upgrades to the system? Amplifying more speakers
(like the fronts)? If not, just get a mono amp.

Thanks for your inputs.

Greg

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks

Paul Vina

If an amp sees it as 4ohm, then I can just get an amp that is stable
at 4ohms, and then I can either get a one channel or maybe a 2 channel
and then bridge those channels?

If you only need 1 channel, why would you buy 2?

Because most mono amps won't make full power into a 4 ohm load.

If I bridge, will it still be at 4ohms
or would bridging change things?

As long as your amp is 2 ohm stable in stereo it will be fine.

Paul Vina

Installing A Bazooka James Car Audio 0 September 2nd 03 10:40 PM
is the bazooka nitrous sub any good? Vandamn Car Audio 1 July 4th 03 01:30 AM