Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default Audyssey

What can anybody tell me about this from a high-end standpoint. A house
I just bought has Denon A/V receivers that have Audyssey built in. I
need to integrate my stereo system into this setup somehow.

From what I have read Denon is fairly decent stuff but I know nothing

about Audyssey. My current system uses FabFilter plug-ins to software
that runs on my Mac Mini and uses Firewire for output to my DAC.

Although I am currently using balanced lines I can easily switch to RCA
tipped unbalanced lines to feed the Denon. I will replace the front of
the surround system with my speakers and leave the rears as they are for
watching movies. The Audyssey stuff looks like it could be pretty good
at getting all of this working together properly.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

"Robert Peirce" wrote in message

What can anybody tell me about this from a high-end standpoint. A house
I just bought has Denon A/V receivers that have Audyssey built in. I
need to integrate my stereo system into this setup somehow.

Audyssey is an automated system optimization system that uses a combination
of parametric filter banks and the discrete fourier transform to apply
frequency response and delay time corrections to the speakers in the system.

You literally set up the speakers on/off and small/large, press a button,
listen to some test signals, and the correction is loaded for use. If there
are common errors in speaker setup, they will proabably be detected.

There are at least 6 different flavors of end user driven Audyssey ranging
from the 2EQ system to Multieq XT32. There is also a pro verison for setup
using external test equipment. The automated setup is based on chirps.

2EQ is found on econo AVRs and Multieq XT32 is top-opf-the-liine. Audyssey
Sub EQ HT is a separate feature that supports dual subwoofers. I don't think
2EQ does much eq for subwoofers but does get distances and levels right.

From what I have read Denon is fairly decent stuff but I know nothing

about Audyssey. My current system uses FabFilter plug-ins to software
that runs on my Mac Mini and uses Firewire for output to my DAC.

A quick look suggests that it is parametric equalation based. Works!

Although I am currently using balanced lines I can easily switch to RCA
tipped unbalanced lines to feed the Denon. I will replace the front of
the surround system with my speakers and leave the rears as they are for
watching movies. The Audyssey stuff looks like it could be pretty good
at getting all of this working together properly.

Works!

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

Thanks Arny. Looks like it probably won't do any harm and is likely to
help.