Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

Default Ridiculous question: please help me identify this part I found on my shelf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0is%20this.JPG

I know this is a bizarre question, but I put this 4" flexible rubbery plastic part in a Ziplock bag on my shelf, probably a few years ago. Now I discovered it and have absolutely NFI what it goes to.

Does anyone recognize it? I'm thinking it might have been part of a shockmount? But I don't have the mic that goes with it, so I'm at a loss.

Yes, I am of relatively sound mind otherwise.

Thanks!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 10/05/2014 11:39 a.m., nickbatz wrote:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0is%20this.JPG

I know this is a bizarre question, but I put this 4" flexible rubbery plastic part in a Ziplock bag on my shelf, probably a few years ago. Now I discovered it and have absolutely NFI what it goes to.

Does anyone recognize it? I'm thinking it might have been part of a shockmount? But I don't have the mic that goes with it, so I'm at a loss.

Yes, I am of relatively sound mind otherwise.

Thanks!

Try a ruler next to it !

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

Diameter. That makes it large for a shockmount, and it's not a turntable or cassette deck belt.

I think this is either going to be something someone recognizes right away or else it's for...I dunno, a vacuum cleaner.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Fri, 9 May 2014 16:39:22 -0700 (PDT), nickbatz
wrote:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0is%20this.JPG

I know this is a bizarre question, but I put this 4" flexible rubbery plastic part in a Ziplock bag on my shelf, probably a few years ago. Now I discovered it and have absolutely NFI what it goes to.

Does anyone recognize it? I'm thinking it might have been part of a shockmount? But I don't have the mic that goes with it, so I'm at a loss.

Yes, I am of relatively sound mind otherwise.

Thanks!

That looks like a seal for some kind of airtight container.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 5/10/2014 3:08 PM, nickbatz wrote:

I think this is either going to be something someone recognizes right away or else it's for...I dunno, a vacuum cleaner.

How thick is it? 4" in diameter would be about right for one of those
jar lid grips for removing a tight lid.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

On 10/05/2014 11:39 a.m., nickbatz wrote:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0is%20this.JPG

I know this is a bizarre question, but I put this 4" flexible rubbery
plastic part in a Ziplock bag on my shelf, probably a few years ago. Now I
discovered it and have absolutely NFI what it goes to.

Does anyone recognize it? I'm thinking it might have been part of a
shockmount? But I don't have the mic that goes with it, so I'm at a loss.

Yes, I am of relatively sound mind otherwise.

Thanks!

Gasket from a deli meat slicer?

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

Lots of good applications.

Thanks.

I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night and remember what it is.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 13/05/2014 11:09 a.m., nickbatz wrote:
Lots of good applications.

Thanks.

I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night and remember what it is.

I think it might be my cock-ring. But it was too tight ;-!

geoff