Jay Hennigan

Default Source for off-white linen grill cloth?

Is anyone producing replacement grill cloth similar to that used on
1960s gear such as Acoustic Research AR-6 speakers? It appears to be an
open-weave linen material. Similar material was used on KHH gear of the
era such as the little 22 radio. Any leads would be appreciated.

Dave Platt

Jay Hennigan wrote:

Is anyone producing replacement grill cloth similar to that used on
1960s gear such as Acoustic Research AR-6 speakers? It appears to be an
open-weave linen material. Similar material was used on KHH gear of the
era such as the little 22 radio. Any leads would be appreciated.

I can't say how close a match it is, in either material or color, but
I've used the open-weave speaker grille cloth sold by Parts Express
and have been pleased with the result.

http://www.radagast.org/~dplatt/spea...ne-cabinet.jpg shows one of
the speaker systems I built using it.

Another option is to look around at specialty fabric suppliers.
http://www.lacis.com/catalog/data/n_...tyfabrics.html has a few
fabrics which might make attractive grille cloth coverings.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO