Gillian Kingman

Default Fisher Speaker Connection Help Needed.

I have a Fisher 600 tube receiver that I have just acquired and I am
confused as to how I should go about connecting the speakers.

The terminals are laid out as follows:

Speaker A Imp B Speaker B

16 8 4 G 4 8 16 P G X

|jumper|

For a pair of 8 ohm speakers I am guesing that I connect one speaker
to 8 and G under Speaker A, one to G and X under Speaker B and jumper
the Imp B between 8 and P.

Would this be correct?

BB
Jerry G.

I am assuming you have 2 strips, left and right for "Speaker A". On the "A"
side connect each speaker to G and 8. The G is for ground, and the 8 is for
8 ohms.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Gillian Kingman" wrote in message
om...
I have a Fisher 600 tube receiver that I have just acquired and I am
confused as to how I should go about connecting the speakers.

The terminals are laid out as follows:

Speaker A Imp B Speaker B

16 8 4 G 4 8 16 P G X

|jumper|

For a pair of 8 ohm speakers I am guesing that I connect one speaker
to 8 and G under Speaker A, one to G and X under Speaker B and jumper
the Imp B between 8 and P.

Would this be correct?

BB

unitron

"Jerry G." wrote in message ...
[...]

I'm wondering if perhaps what the original poster has is a monophonic,
NOT stereo, receiver that is set up for a main room speaker and a
speaker for a separate room, probably with a front panel switch to
activate one or the other or both, and that the OP has it exactly
right. I'm pretty sure that both "G"s are connected to each other and
to ground. Probably if no separate room speaker is connected the
impedence B terminals are left unjumpered. I'd love to see a
schematic of this thing.
On the other hand, if it's a stereo receiver, he's still right, it's
just that there are two strips of the type he or she described and
that the main room speakers connect to the respective left and right
"A" terminals and the other room speakers, if any, connect to the left
and right channel "B" terminals.

Gillian Kingman

Actually the unit IS as Stereo unit but the strips are not laid out as
a simple left and right or as this unit calls them A and B.

The A-Side strip is as follows:

Speaker A

16 8 4 G

That one I have figured out, connect to 8 and G for an 8 ohm speaker.

Then there is another strip that says:

IMP B

4 8 16 P

That strip contains a jumper that I SUSPECT selects the impedence of
SPEAKER B and goes between P and 8.

But I am not certain.

Then there is a third strip that says:

Speaker B:

G X

My guess is that I connect my other speaker to G (ground) and X and
set the IMP B jumper to P and 8.

I am not certain however.

Anyone know for sure how this thing is set up.

"Jerry G." wrote in message ...
I am assuming you have 2 strips, left and right for "Speaker A". On the "A"
side connect each speaker to G and 8. The G is for ground, and the 8 is for
8 ohms.

Gillian Kingman

"Jerry G." wrote in message ...
I am assuming you have 2 strips, left and right for "Speaker A". On the "A"
side connect each speaker to G and 8. The G is for ground, and the 8 is for
8 ohms.

Help Needed: Speaker Wiring Questions Matt Bhame Car Audio 3 April 8th 04 03:56 PM
rec.audio.car FAQ (Part 4/5) Ian D. Bjorhovde Car Audio 0 March 6th 04 06:54 AM
Comment about speaker cables/interconnects Martin High End Audio 18 September 17th 03 04:07 PM
Speaker cables Nousaine Pro Audio 1 July 25th 03 11:46 AM
Speaker cables Nousaine Pro Audio 6 July 24th 03 03:07 PM