Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default Best use for the S-265-Q opt

Once a high dollar unobtanium part, the Peerless S-265-Q is available now
at a reasonable price from a third party vendor.

It goes two ways : 10K:/16/8/4 with 50% screen taps or 2K5:16/8/4. That's
either low or high for most pair of beam power tubes but could work. It was
the Williamson configuration's most popular xfmr for DIY and custom
commercial builds.

In other news, I have found out that Norpin in Massachusetts vends the
oil burner cand used on Mc and Fairchild amplifiers. So if anyone wants
to build Mc or Fairchild iron (HINT HINT) there you go.

Anyone but Mikey. **** that cocksucker. (And that's probably literally
so.)

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] suckerton2@gmx.us is offline

On May 30, 2:14 pm, "BretLudwig" wrote:
Once a high dollar unobtanium part, the Peerless S-265-Q is available now
at a reasonable price from a third party vendor.

It goes two ways : 10K:/16/8/4 with 50% screen taps or 2K5:16/8/4. That's
either low or high for most pair of beam power tubes but could work. It was
the Williamson configuration's most popular xfmr for DIY and custom
commercial builds.

In other news, I have found out that Norpin in Massachusetts vends the
oil burner cand used on Mc and Fairchild amplifiers. So if anyone wants
to build Mc or Fairchild iron (HINT HINT) there you go.

Anyone but Mikey. **** that cocksucker. (And that's probably literally
so.)

I assume you mean Mike LeFevre of Magnequest. I don't think he's gay:
people from Philly just talk that way. (Then again, those Mummers....)
He's certainly an arrogant and not terrifically knowledgeable guy
though.

Probably a pair of 6Y6s, or a 6080 or 6AS7 into 2500 ohms. But you
could probably use it as 5000:8/4/2 as well.