Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Wildcard

Default Problem with Kenwood KDC-MP625 shutting off

Hello,
Yesterday I bought a Kenwood KDC-MP625 at Best Buy and had it installed. On
my way home, it shut off unexpectedly, so I went back. All the tech had to
do was reset it, but he couldnt find what caused the problem. He checked all
the fuses and tested the wires, so it wasnt an install problem. This problem
also occured with my factory radio, where it would shut off if it got too
loud. I drive a 2001 Saturn L200, with 2 JL Audio W0-4's and a e1200 amp. I
have a switch to cut power to the amp, but the radio shutting off happens
regardless of whether the amp is on or off. The shutoff occurs when the
radio hits a specific volume. On the first track of Ludacris's Word of Mouf
album, this is when the volume is 18. On the first track of Dashboard
Confessional's Places You've Come to Fear the Most, the volume is 21. When
the shutoff occurs, the radio goes completely dead. There are no lights,
even when the headlights are on. The motorized faceplate will work
sometimes, but not always. Simply removing the faceplate doesnt help, and
since it happened on the factory radio, I sincerely doubt there is a problem
with the deck. The only way to get the deck to work again is to hit the
reset, which is becoming aggrivating since I lose my clock and all my
presets. Since Best Buy checked the installation, there isnt much more they
can do, and told me it was a problem with the car. I called my dealership
today, and they refuse to even look at my car since I have an after-market
radio, even though the problem started with the factory radio. I had had two
blown speakers, both the right side doors, but when I got the new deck, I
got new speakers for the front doors. For the record, the subs and amp were
installed in December, and this problem didnt start until March. Any
suggestions?