David F. Rogers

Default Off topic

Jeez ... would it be possible to have at least the majority of posts
about audio?
ScottW

"David F. Rogers" wrote in message
Jeez ... would it be possible to have at least the majority of posts
about audio?

You better get to work. Faster,faster,faster..... .

Ok, for your audio pleasure, what do you know about
ETF Acoustics?

ScottW

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"David F. Rogers" wrote in message
Jeez ... would it be possible to have at least the majority of posts
about audio?

no

David F. Rogers

Thanks for the response, Scott. I've looked over their fascinating
material, but then reality set in. My listening room is set up about
the only way it can be set up and still accommodate the other things
it has to accommodate. Wife acceptance factor and the reality of
cramming your life into a house you can afford (and still buy vinyl)
steer many of us toward making the most of what we have instead of
seeking perfection. Luckily, it's not half bad and I find a little
trick every now and then that makes it better.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:47:18 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

"David F. Rogers" wrote in message
.. .
Jeez ... would it be possible to have at least the majority of posts
about audio?

You better get to work. Faster,faster,faster..... .

Ok, for your audio pleasure, what do you know about
ETF Acoustics?

ScottW

dave weil

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 02:23:42 GMT, David F. Rogers
wrote:

Jeez ... would it be possible to have at least the majority of posts
about audio?

Well, get to it. This post of yours has minimal "audio" content.

Well, it *does* include the word "audio", I suppose.

dave weil

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 03:04:07 GMT, David F. Rogers
wrote:

Thanks for the response, Scott. I've looked over their fascinating
material, but then reality set in. My listening room is set up about
the only way it can be set up and still accommodate the other things
it has to accommodate. Wife acceptance factor and the reality of
cramming your life into a house you can afford (and still buy vinyl)
steer many of us toward making the most of what we have instead of
seeking perfection. Luckily, it's not half bad and I find a little
trick every now and then that makes it better.

That's better.

Sort of...
ScottW

"David F. Rogers" wrote in message
news
Thanks for the response, Scott. I've looked over their fascinating
material, but then reality set in. My listening room is set up about
the only way it can be set up and still accommodate the other things
it has to accommodate. Wife acceptance factor and the reality of
cramming your life into a house you can afford (and still buy vinyl)
steer many of us toward making the most of what we have instead of
seeking perfection. Luckily, it's not half bad and I find a little
trick every now and then that makes it better.

I have a pair of Quad ESL 63's in decent sized room that does allow
for some options as well as a HSU VTF-2 sub. I'm also getting back
into my vinyl and adding some nice albums.
I see a huge box that came from Classic records under the tree.
Anyway, I've been contemplating downloading the demo and dragging
my PC upstairs and see what it shows. Won't cost more than time and cables.

I was also considering adding some treatments on the front wall. There are
a few
affordable options but then ETF puts the kabosh on the idea with the
statement that 6" thick foam is required. That would be a bit pricey.

I have a little time over the holidays and my first project is adding a
door
(there isn't one now). A nice 1 3/4" solid core door. Weighs a ton but
it should help block the house sound. Now if I can just get them to move
the freeway .

ScottW

S888Wheel

I was also considering adding some treatments on the front wall. There are
a few
affordable options but then ETF puts the kabosh on the idea with the
statement that 6" thick foam is required. That would be a bit pricey.

I have a little time over the holidays and my first project is adding a
door
(there isn't one now). A nice 1 3/4" solid core door. Weighs a ton but
it should help block the house sound. Now if I can just get them to move
the freeway .

ScottW

The Foam Company. (818) 785-8048. If memory serves me you can get doubl sheets
6'X 5' for $35.00.
David F. Rogers

I like the idea of the heavy door. As for the freeway, maybe the same
logic that requires noise abatement in airport areas should prevail..
That should make the papers :-).

A nice 1 3/4" solid core door. Weighs a ton but
it should help block the house sound. Now if I can just get them to move
the freeway .

Sander deWaal

David F. Rogers said:

Jeez ... would it be possible to have at least the majority of posts
about audio?

Nope, *that* would be off-topic in this NG :-)

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy

Arny Krueger

"ScottW" wrote in message

I was also considering adding some treatments on the front wall.

There are a few
affordable options but then ETF puts the kabosh on the idea with the
statement that 6" thick foam is required. That would be a bit pricey.

It would just be two layers of 3" foam. Given what you spent on the rest of
your system, seems like a bad time to get tight pocketbook disease.

I have a little time over the holidays and my first project is adding a

door
(there isn't one now). A nice 1 3/4" solid core door. Weighs a ton
but it should help block the house sound.

Be sure to weather-strip it, as the air gaps that are naturally around the
door can transmit a great deal of sound.

Now if I can just get them to move the freeway .

Very problematical, given the way they build houses in SD. In my town, a
good tight brick house with vinyl storms and well-sealed exterior doors can
do a good job of isolating rooms inside from a nearby busy road, even a busy
freeway.