Digital TV won't play through RF headphones

Old June 5th 15, 05:52 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Hypatia Nachshon

Default Digital TV won't play through RF headphones

This has been going on for TWO years!!!

I have bad hearing. Need "proximity effect" of high quality RF headphones.
Bought Sennheiser.

Panasonic Viera will not play through the$e headphone$!

TV has no analog outputs; tons of inputs but no way to connect headphones.

Can't turn up sound because of other people.

Really desperate; am "watching" with captions which not all channels offer, and in any case this is not ideal way to go.

Is there anything I can hook up to play TV through RF headphones?

Your advice earnestly solicited.

Higgs Boson

Old June 5th 15, 12:11 PM posted to rec.audio.tech

On 5/06/2015 4:52 p.m., Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
> This has been going on for TWO years!!!
>
> I have bad hearing. Need "proximity effect" of high quality RF headphones.
> Bought Sennheiser.
>
> Panasonic Viera will not play through the$e headphone$!
>
> TV has no analog outputs; tons of inputs but no way to connect headphones.
>
> Can't turn up sound because of other people.
>
> Really desperate; am "watching" with captions which not all channels offer, and in any case this is not ideal way to go.
>
> Is there anything I can hook up to play TV through RF headphones?
>
> Your advice earnestly solicited.
>
> Higgs Boson

What - two years and your analogue-output-less TV hasn't grown analogue
outputs ?!! Maybe you should get a TV with analogue outputs !

Not even a little 3.5mm headphone jack hidden away somewhere ?

Old June 5th 15, 02:48 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
UnsteadyKen[_5_]

In article: >

Hypatia Nachshon says...

> Is there anything I can hook up to play TV through RF headphones?

All the Sennheiser wireless senders I've looked at online require that
the audio to be transmitted should be input via a 3.5mm stereo mini
jack,
(A google search will show you what they look like.

If your TV does not have a matching 3.5mm headphone output then it will
surely have a digital audio Toslink Optical output.

If it does then you require a suitable Digital to Analog converter
similar to this example:
<http://www.amazon.com/PETDTAT-Digita...cal-Converter-
Adapter/dp/B003O509PY>

This would connect to the Toslink output on your TV using an optical
cable and then the LR output from the converter would connect to the
Sennheiser wireless sender using a 3.5mm to RCA phono cable like this
example from Ebay Uk: <http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351117589422>

Total cost should be less than 15 Yankee bucks.

Of course if your TV does not have an optical output either then you
are up the proverbial:-(

--
Ken O'Meara

List of UK hi-fi & audio dealers:
http://unsteadyken.esy.es/
Old June 5th 15, 05:24 PM posted to rec.audio.tech

I knew this would happen... Analog outputs, even headphone
jacks, are becoming scarcer than hens' teeth!
Old June 6th 15, 01:48 PM posted to rec.audio.tech

Trevor: What's a "PVR"?
Old June 7th 15, 12:15 AM posted to rec.audio.tech

On 7/06/2015 12:48 a.m., wrote:
> Trevor: What's a "PVR"?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PVR

Take your pick - should be clear which.

Old June 7th 15, 07:15 PM posted to rec.audio.tech

No geoff, be nice for once and
just SPELL IT OUT. Do unto
someone else what you would
want done to you.
Old June 8th 15, 04:22 AM posted to rec.audio.tech

On 8/06/2015 6:15 a.m., wrote:
> No geoff, be nice for once and
> just SPELL IT OUT. Do unto
> someone else what you would
> want done to you.

Clearly you missed the implied smilie.

Old June 8th 15, 07:19 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor

On 6/06/2015 10:48 PM, wrote:
> Trevor: What's a "PVR"?

PVR = Personal Video Recorder, or DVR = Digital Video Recorder.
What term do you use?

Trevor.