dBFS

Old November 22nd 10, 01:36 PM posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Arny Krueger

Default dBFS

"Dick Pierce" > wrote in message

> Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> I don't know, because I have never seen actual
>> instantaneous RMS values ever displayed anywhere.

> The term "instantaneous RMS value" is itself meaningless.

Right, because RMS has to be averaged over an interval.

Instantaneous peak values can be meaningful, but in the digital domain they
aren't really instantaneous. They correpond to a sample interval.

As a practical matter, some measuring tools allow the measurement interval
can be set to be within a useful range that corresponds to something of
interest to the user.

dBFS Randy Yates Pro Audio 233 November 30th 10 07:45 AM
dBFS Arny Krueger Tech 2 November 22nd 10 02:17 PM
dBFS Arny Krueger Tech 0 November 22nd 10 01:23 PM
dBFS Arny Krueger Tech 0 November 22nd 10 01:17 PM
dBfs scales, EBU r68 or DIN ? Jakeman Pro Audio 2 November 21st 04 09:00 PM