Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 setup on win 7

Old December 18th 11, 06:42 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
PenaL

Default Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 setup on win 7

I have an very old Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 sequencer / sampler software,
legally bought, the licenses are ok. I tried to setup the software to my
laptop pc with windows 7. This didn't really manage. All the computer
tilted, and there was work to wake my computer to work again. On the the
earlier windows -versions Cakewalk worked well, and it was easy to setup.

Is it possible, that this version on Cakewalk doesn't work on win 7 and
later windows -versions...?

-Pentti
Old December 18th 11, 08:56 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

PenaL wrote:
> I have an very old Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 sequencer / sampler software,
> legally bought, the licenses are ok. I tried to setup the software to
> my laptop pc with windows 7. This didn't really manage. All the
> computer tilted, and there was work to wake my computer to work
> again. On the the earlier windows -versions Cakewalk worked well, and
> it was easy to setup.
> Is it possible, that this version on Cakewalk doesn't work on win 7
> and later windows -versions...?
>
> -Pentti

Suggest ask at the appropriate place :

http://forum.cakewalk.com

Old December 19th 11, 10:19 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
ramtazz

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:42:47 +0200, PenaL
> wrote:

>I have an very old Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 sequencer / sampler software,
>legally bought, the licenses are ok. I tried to setup the software to my
>laptop pc with windows 7. This didn't really manage. All the computer
>tilted, and there was work to wake my computer to work again. On the the
>earlier windows -versions Cakewalk worked well, and it was easy to setup.
>
>Is it possible, that this version on Cakewalk doesn't work on win 7 and
>later windows -versions...?
>
>-Pentti

That software is 4 operating systems old. Win 7's compatable mode
doesn't offer a path, so its most likely it would not work. You could
find a used copy of 8.5, I had a test version running on Win 7 64bit &
32 Bit, before upgrading to X1.

Good Luck.

Bill
Old December 19th 11, 06:40 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"PenaL" > wrote in message
>I have an very old Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 sequencer / sampler software,
>legally bought, the licenses are ok. I tried to setup the software to my
>laptop pc with windows 7. This didn't really manage. All the computer
>tilted, and there was work to wake my computer to work again. On the the
>earlier windows -versions Cakewalk worked well, and it was easy to setup.
>
> Is it possible, that this version on Cakewalk doesn't work on win 7 and
> later windows -versions...?

I'd ditch the old software and go to something like Reaper.
I use both Cakewalk Sonar and Reaper, but Reaper is much less expensive and
a much better written program IMO.

Poly

Old December 19th 11, 11:35 PM
Cotssteange Cotssteange is offline
Banned

Location: Россия
Send a message via ICQ to Cotssteange

Что то немогу понять.
Old December 20th 11, 03:14 AM
FlispRopCop FlispRopCop is offline
Banned

Thank you for a very interesting website. What else may I get that type of information written in such a perfect manner? I have a project that I'm just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

Old December 20th 11, 03:43 AM
FlispRopCop FlispRopCop is offline
Banned

No time to waste, check out this full throttle fat loss system and discover for your self why this is now the most leading and most successful fat loss system in 2011
Old December 23rd 15, 06:17 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:42:47 PM UTC-5, PenaL wrote:
> I have an very old Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 sequencer / sampler software,
> legally bought, the licenses are ok. I tried to setup the software to my
> laptop pc with windows 7. This didn't really manage. All the computer
> tilted, and there was work to wake my computer to work again. On the the
> earlier windows -versions Cakewalk worked well, and it was easy to setup.
>
> Is it possible, that this version on Cakewalk doesn't work on win 7 and
> later windows -versions...?
>
> -Pentti

Hi Pentti

I have an older version - Cakewalk Pro 7, that I've been running on Win 7 & 10 x64 since I upgraded from XP. I discovered that it's important to skip the part where CW asks you if you want to install Direct Show. One time I clicked "yes", and CW installed an ancient version of DS (5.0 or something) which messed up my system quite a bit. I wound up re-installing Windows to fix it. I also run CW in Windows XP compatibility mode, which seems to help. CW still works great, with the exception that every now and then the tool bars get mixed around, but they are easy to straighten up.

I also keep a copy of XP running in virtual machine just in case the day comes when CW really won't run on the latest Win OS.