Posted to rec.audio.car
techman41973 techman41973 is offline

Default Clifford Alarm remote fob troubleshooting

I have a Cifford Intelliguard 7000 Alam system installed in my
vehicle. I have a master remote fob and a smaller one as well. After I
replaced the battery in my master remote with a fresh one, the Red
indicator LED glows solid red and the fob won't work (engage or
disengage the alarm). Does anyone know if this means its fried or is
it stuck in some mode that I can find a way out of. Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.car
John Durbin[_2_] John Durbin[_2_] is offline

What happens if you take the cover off? Is it possible you jammed the
switch when you reassembled? The LED can only light up if the switch is
making contac,t or the traces it is soldered to are shorted together...

JD

techman41973 wrote:
I have a Cifford Intelliguard 7000 Alam system installed in my
vehicle. I have a master remote fob and a smaller one as well. After I
replaced the battery in my master remote with a fresh one, the Red
indicator LED glows solid red and the fob won't work (engage or
disengage the alarm). Does anyone know if this means its fried or is
it stuck in some mode that I can find a way out of. Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
techman41973 techman41973 is offline

John, with the unit apart, there are 4 micro-switches facing up at the
user and one micro-switch facing out the side of the unit. With the
battery removed, I used a multimeter on the switch contacts and traces
to test if any of the switches were stuck in a closed circuit state.
All switches were electronically open, yet still electronically closed
when mechanically pressed. With or without the cover off, the LED is
solid red every time I connect the battery. So I am baffled at this
point. I could repeat the same tests again.
Thanks

techman41973 wrote:
I have a Cifford Intelliguard 7000 Alam system installed in my
vehicle. I have a master remote fob and a smaller one as well. After I
replaced the battery in my master remote with a fresh one, the Red
indicator LED glows solid red and the fob won't work (engage or
disengage the alarm). Does anyone know if this means its fried or is
it stuck in some mode that I can find a way out of. Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

Hey Techman...

I honestly don't know much about alarms systems, so if this is a
stupid assumption I apologize. It would make sense to me that if you
disconnect any/all power from a key fob for an alarm system, that you
would then have to re-synchronize that fob to the actual alarm. How
you would do that would be covered in the manual somewhere, but I
would guess it's something like holding a button for 5 seconds or
until a signal is given, then pressing another button...

Just my thought.

~Mister.Lull

techman41973 wrote:
I have a Cifford Intelliguard 7000 Alam system installed in my
vehicle. I have a master remote fob and a smaller one as well. After I
replaced the battery in my master remote with a fresh one, the Red
indicator LED glows solid red and the fob won't work (engage or
disengage the alarm). Does anyone know if this means its fried or is
it stuck in some mode that I can find a way out of. Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.audio.car
John Durbin[_2_] John Durbin[_2_] is offline

That wouldn't account for the LED staying on... I would be looking for a
solder blob or other short on the PCB, water damage etc.

JD