Posted to rec.audio.car
rabbann rabbann is offline

Default 350Z STEREO UPGRADE OPTIONS FOR AUSTRALIA

Hi,
I finally got myself a 2008 Nissan 350Z. (Australian model)

I am trying to research of there is a decent, cost effective way to
connect an ipod to the Bose head unit.
The head unit has a tape deck and an internal CD only capable 6 stack
unit. From what I can see there are no AUX buttons.
considerations are as follows:

1. I do not want FM modulation.
2. Prefferably retain the Bose head unit for asthetics.
3. Control of the Ipod via the steering wheel.
4. Ability to access all of the play lists from the ipod.
5. Ipod can be charged by adapter device.

I have seen several devices on the market (USA Spec PA11-NIS iPod
adapter for example) that plug into the back of the head unit, but so
far the company has not responded to my email requesting compatability
with Australian head units.

Finally, if the process is too dicky, I would consider something like
an AVIC 3 or the new ipod only Alpine single din head unit. Just to
buy steering wheel integration, a new dash facia and Bose amp
integration equipment came up to $700 at Northfield at Brisbane !!

** Do USA car headunits support Australian AM and FM frequency
stepping ? I can lay my hands on an brand new AVIC D3 for $750

Any ideas would be appreciated.

cheers

Tony

2007 Nissan 350Z GT-S Concept [email protected] Car Audio 0 December 25th 07 09:40 PM
350Z Stereo Upgrades Mike Sims Car Audio 1 December 21st 04 07:39 PM
Saab Stereo Upgrade Big D Car Audio 0 June 20th 04 03:01 PM
upgrade options for 2002 Passat w/Monsoon Dave Car Audio 0 May 17th 04 03:42 PM
BMW E36 HK Stereo Replacement/Upgrade Bob Car Audio 1 March 24th 04 02:56 PM