Need Advise on Feedback / Feedback Eliminators

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 22nd 04, 01:08 AM
Marshall

Default Need Advise on Feedback / Feedback Eliminators

I am having a very frustating time getting the volume we disire out of
my sound system w/o excessive feedback. I play in a bluegrass band (
www.whitepinehollow.com ) and attemtping to get a clean, amplified
acoustic sound working a single condenser mike. Our system is: AKG C
3000 B mike, sometimes a AKG C 1000 on the acoustic bass at very low
gain, Mackie 1202 board, JBL EON G2 Powered speakers. It seem like
I'm in a tug - of - war between cutting gain (loosing the mike power
we need) and increasing volume. I've had tons of advise from "ditch
the powered speakers - they're for outdoors only", to "ditch the
condenser mikes, they'll only feed". I am tempted to try a feedback
eliminator but have been told they take out too much tone?

Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks,
Marshall