Just bought new Eclipse speakers?

Old July 21st 03, 02:52 AM
Lasher

Default Just bought new Eclipse speakers?

Hi,
I was just wondering of some thoughts about eclipse speakers. I bought a
pair of 6 1/2" for my doors and 4x6" for the back doors of my Chevy Siverado
ext cab. I think they sound really good and I know thats all that counts but
I was just wondering if you guys think they are good speakers. I paid $99
for the 6 1/2 and $79 for the other ones. Currently I am just using my
Pioneer stereo to push them, which is 50w x 4 max. I might amp theses
speakers eventually. Thanks

Lasher

Old July 21st 03, 04:11 AM
Lex

Sounds like you bought the Intergrated Series Eclipse speakers.. they aren't
bad but they are the lowest offering eclipse has.. Get your self a 40 or 50
x 4 channel amp for them and you will like them, make sure you set the
Crossover to high pass at about 100 hz for the 6 1/2s and about 120 for the
4x6's.. at least thats what I did with mine

Old July 21st 03, 05:27 AM
Sonoman

Kinda too late to ask, isn't it? you should ask before you buy. If you
bought them and you liked them, why ask?

"Lasher" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> I was just wondering of some thoughts about eclipse speakers. I bought a
> pair of 6 1/2" for my doors and 4x6" for the back doors of my Chevy

Siverado
> ext cab. I think they sound really good and I know thats all that counts

but
> I was just wondering if you guys think they are good speakers. I paid $99
> for the 6 1/2 and $79 for the other ones. Currently I am just using my
> Pioneer stereo to push them, which is 50w x 4 max. I might amp theses
> speakers eventually. Thanks
>
> Lasher

Bose 901 Review William Sommerwerck General 149 January 8th 05 04:49 PM
Outdoor Speakers MarkW General 1 May 19th 04 05:42 PM
do 16 ohm speakers exist? (for home use) General 9 January 7th 04 05:46 AM
Remote speakers? L-pads? Totally confused! Hogarth General 3 July 3rd 03 02:06 PM
Ford Escort Speakers? Gravity Car Audio 0 July 1st 03 01:41 AM