Posted to rec.audio.tubes
`ZACK`[_2_] `ZACK`[_2_] is offline

Default bridge rectifiers

has enyone made a bridge rectifire
useing
4 6AL3 tubes?
if so did it work?

thanks
zack

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
mick mick is offline

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 11:37:43 +1000, `ZACK` wrote:

has enyone made a bridge rectifire
useing
4 6AL3 tubes?
if so did it work?

Never tried it, but I can't see why it shouldn't work. You'ld have to
watch the h-k volts, as usual. Also bear in mind that this is rated as a
damper diode, i.e. sharp spikes at high frequency. I suspect that you
would need to derate it as a rectifier - down to just below anode glowing
point at a guess... ;-)

Get 4 and try it...

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
glenbadd glenbadd is offline

On Sep 13, 6:22*pm, mick wrote:
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 11:37:43 +1000, `ZACK` wrote:
has enyone made a bridge rectifire
useing
4 6AL3 tubes?
if so did it work?

Never tried it, but I can't see why it shouldn't work. You'ld have to
watch the h-k volts, as usual. Also bear in mind that this is rated as a
damper diode, i.e. sharp spikes at high frequency. I suspect that you
would need to derate it as a rectifier - down to just below anode glowing
point at a guess... *;-)

Get 4 and try it... *

--
Mick * * * * * * * * * * *(Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web:http://www.nascom.info
Filtering everything posted from googlegroups to kill spam. * *

If you want some anode glowing and spitten sparken, try using
two models up, 6AL5GT. There are plenty of these available
NOS, probably because they have very limited applications. :-)

Glenn.