Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Spin Spin is offline

Default 12AX7A Replacement Question

I have a mic preamp that uses one 12AX7A tube. Everything else is
solidstate. Since i'm only using this preamp for speech, are there
substitute/clone/replacement tubes that i should consider? Would the country
of origin of the tube matter? I do not want to modify the preamp.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4231 (20090710) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:13:58 GMT, "Spin"
wrote:

I have a mic preamp that uses one 12AX7A tube. Everything else is
solidstate. Since i'm only using this preamp for speech, are there
substitute/clone/replacement tubes that i should consider? Would the country
of origin of the tube matter? I do not want to modify the preamp.

Has the tube failed? A preamp is a very benign environment for a valve
and I would expect it to just go on and on.

However, if the preamp has been designed well, it should make no
difference exactly which valve you use.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"Spin"

I have a mic preamp that uses one 12AX7A tube. Everything else is
solidstate.

** Dont be so coy - Mr Giddy.

Tell us the make and model or post a link to the thing.

You need to prove you are NOT a ****ing troll.

Cos you sure sound like one.

..... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Spin Spin is offline

Phil....No need to get upset & use profanity as a venting tool. The make and
model of the preamp is an "ART-StudioV3"
"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Spin"

I have a mic preamp that uses one 12AX7A tube. Everything else is
solidstate.

** Dont be so coy - Mr Giddy.

Tell us the make and model or post a link to the thing.

You need to prove you are NOT a ****ing troll.

Cos you sure sound like one.

.... Phil

signature database 4231 (20090710) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4231 (20090710) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"Spin the Dimwit "

Phil....No need to get upset & use profanity as a venting tool.

** Get a grip - sunshine.

The make and model of the preamp is an "ART-StudioV3"

** Total pile of **** - just as I suspected.

It is NOT - repeat ** NOT ** a tube mic pre-amp.

It IS however a very crappy, IC riddled, solid state abortion with a tube
added to fool gullible ******s.

Go away fool - stop wasting people's time.

****** !!

...... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Spin Spin is offline

Phil me lad......Spoken like a true alcoholic scotsman!
"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Spin the Dimwit "

Phil....No need to get upset & use profanity as a venting tool.

** Get a grip - sunshine.

The make and model of the preamp is an "ART-StudioV3"

** Total pile of **** - just as I suspected.

It is NOT - repeat ** NOT ** a tube mic pre-amp.

It IS however a very crappy, IC riddled, solid state abortion with a
tube added to fool gullible ******s.

Go away fool - stop wasting people's time.

****** !!

..... Phil

signature database 4232 (20090710) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4232 (20090710) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Spin" wrote in message

The make and model of the preamp is an "ART-StudioV3"

Actual name: ART Tube MP Studio V3.

It's a cheap solid state mic preamp with a cheap tube-based distortion and
noise enhancement circuit.

Definate newbie-bait.

Not worth the trouble to discuss.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore[_3_] Eeyore[_3_] is offline

Spin wrote:

I have a mic preamp that uses one 12AX7A tube. Everything else is
solidstate. Since i'm only using this preamp for speech, are there
substitute/clone/replacement tubes that i should consider? Would the country
of origin of the tube matter? I do not want to modify the preamp.

I expect the 12AX7A is just a selected 12AX7 ( possibly for optimum noise ). Just shove a 12AX7 / ECC83 in there.
Oh, there's a high spec ECC83 too. It's the E83CC IIRC. Another possible.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore[_3_] Eeyore[_3_] is offline

Spin wrote:

Phil....No need to get upset & use profanity as a venting tool. The make and
model of the preamp is an "ART-StudioV3"

No need to worry then ART only make indifferent equipment but have a decent advertising budget to make you think
otherwise. A bit like Bose but maybe not quite as bad.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore[_3_] Eeyore[_3_] is offline

Spin wrote:

Phil me lad......Spoken like a true alcoholic scotsman!

He's actually from the Antipodes. I can see that the influence of cheap blended Scotch Whisky could be inferred
though. Funnily enough, Irish Whiskey doesn't seem to act the same way. Buy me a Jamesons !

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

12ax7a vs 12ax7 Cipher Vacuum Tubes 11 May 4th 09 04:18 AM
tube replacement question crevitch Vacuum Tubes 2 May 5th 05 09:58 AM
Looking for 12AX7A tubes Powell Audio Opinions 23 April 12th 04 09:34 PM
Mic replacement question Bob Flint Pro Audio 3 October 20th 03 05:00 PM
Q: tube replacement question (6L6) Steen Vacuum Tubes 3 July 22nd 03 02:44 PM