Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Amazing FREE Audio Tweak #6! For Advanced Audiophiles Only!

....Two words: Holy water.

Yup. Holy water. You wont hear it anywhere else folks, because I just
"invented" the idea. And RAOers are the privileged few to be the first
to hear of this new avant-garde audio tweak. Consider it a bonus as my
thanks for all the thanks and support you gave me on my other "advanced
tweaks". A gratuity, for all the people who tried out the tweaks and
reported on the results, and all the nice comments you had to make
about my having offered them so liberally and so graciously. (Believe
it or not, a lot of "pretend" audiophiles are VERY close-minded and
ignorant about what affects our perception of sound in audio, and won't
even attempt to enhance their listening experience if their simple
minds can't understand the reasoning behind doing so. But the
open-minded audiophiles of RAO have proven to be "REAL" audiophiles.
Hobbyists dedicated to the passion of reproduced music, and not just
"talkers and Flatlanders", like the audio techies or the audio
polemicists in the usenet audio community).

Still with me? Then yes, I said "Holy Water". Does wonders for your
audio system, AND, it will help baptize your first born. (And they said
Jimmy Hughes was mad?! Pfffft!) But first you got to get your hands on
some. I think the best sounding water, will come from a priest (or
better). So if you can get "good quality holy water", then that's the
stuff to get, by me. But.... that's a problem for me, because I don't
know any priests (at least none that will come within a 3-block radius
of me). So my experiments are based on "home made holy water". It may
be a poor substitute, but it seems good enough, because look at it this
way: I'm an atheist, and not even a "xtian atheist". I've never said a
prayer before in my entire life. But in the endless quest to improve my
sound? What the hey, for 5 seconds, I'm a believer! I tried to make it
sound good, but since I don't know any official prayers, I had to go by
what I've seen on tv when families pray before a meal....

"Oh lord, bless us for this water that we are about to drink.... It is
good and it is pure, Lord... Thank you for this water"

.... and that sort of thing. (For the gearheads: To help you replicate
the experiment, I blessed for 23.7 seconds, standing at a distance of
10.9" from the glass of water, which was situated on top of my
amplifier, right hand corner, and did not speak to the water, but said
a silent prayer. Just as your leader Arny would do, if he finds his
connection to Usenet cut off). I don't think the atheist in me could
have convinced a nun that I was sincere in my thoughts of gratitude
about the water. And yet.... it worked! When I placed the glass of
water next to my stereo equipment, quality of timbre reached a new
plateau, resolution got higher, musicality increased, etc. Nothing got
worse, everything got better. (I can't say that about all the
tweaks...). Not "scads" better mind you, but definitely on the plus
side.

"And of course, it was not an expectation effect (placebo), but a real
and significant effect" (tm). Removing the water from the room worsened
the sound, replacing improved it, removing it worsened the sound,
replacing it improved it, etc. "Listening" to a glass of plain water
did not have a similar effect to the treated water. I did something
else to the water prior to the blessing that also improved its "sound
quality", but I don't think I'll mention what because... well, it
sounds a little "loony" to be honest. I'm afraid that it might harm my
reputation and I might lose the respect of the good people of RAO, if I
mentioned it, and won't be taken seriously.

Okay, well that's it, so I suppose its now time for everyone who hasn't
tried the tweak to start yer ignorant mocking and ridiculing thing.
(yawn) Which as it has always been, is SO fun and exciting, and not at
all dumb or predictable. Here's a few suggestions to help the
narrow-minded ignorant pigs find their way to the trough:

"I tried blessing just the audio equipment itself. Took my system to
new heights".

"When I turned the cross on the wall upside down, things sounded
worse".

"I just "specially treated" the water in my toilet. ;-) Will THAT help
improve my sound?"

....Two words: Holy water.

Yup. Holy water. You wont hear it anywhere else folks, because I just
"invented" the idea. And RAOers are the privileged few to be the first
to hear of this new avant-garde audio tweak. Consider it a bonus as my
thanks for all the thanks and support you gave me on my other "advanced
tweaks". A gratuity, for all the nice comments you had to make about my
having offered them so liberally and so graciously. (Believe it or not,
a lot of "pretend" audiophiles are VERY close-minded and ignorant about
what affects our perception of sound in audio, and won't even attempt
to enhance their listening experience if their limited minds can't
understand the reasoning behind doing so. But the open-minded
audiophiles of RAO have proven to be "REAL" audiophiles. Hobbyists
dedicated to the passion of reproduced music, and not just "talkers and
Flatlanders", like the audio techies and polemicists in the usenet
audio community).

Still with me? Then yes, I said "Holy Water". Does wonders for your
audio system, AND, it will help baptize your first born. (And they said
Jimmy Hughes was mad?! Pfffft! Blighters!) But first you got to get
your hands on some. The best sounding water, will come from a priest
(or better, such as a Zen monk). So if you can get "good quality holy
water", then that's the stuff to get. Check your local Wal-Mart for
bottles of Zen monk blessed holy water. It's a bit of a problem for
me to get the real McCoy, because I don't know any priests (at least
none that will come within a 3-block radius of me). So I use "home made
holy water". It may be a poor substitute, but I'd say "it's good
enough". Considering.... I'm an atheist, and not even a "xtian
atheist". I've never said a prayer before in my entire life (unless I
thought my horse could come in...). But in the endless quest for audio
nirvana? What the hey, for 5 seconds, I'm a believer. I try to make it
sound good, but since I don't know any official prayers, I have to go
by what the tv families say before a meal....

"Oh lord, bless us for this water that we are about to drink.... It is
good and it is pure, Lord... Thank you for this water.... Staff of
life... We are so grateful..."

.....yadda yadda yadda.

(For the gearheads: To help you replicate the experiment, I blessed for
23.7 seconds, standing at a distance of 10.9" from the glass of water,
which was situated on top of my amplifier, right hand corner, and did
not speak to the water, but said a silent prayer. Just as your leader
Arny would do, if he finds his connection to Usenet cut off). Now if
you take a glass of blessed water, and simply place it next to a glass
of non-sacred water, the plain tap water will take on many of the
properties of the holy water in about 30 seconds.

I did something else to the water prior to the blessing that also
improved its sound quality, but I don't think I'll mention what
because... well, it sounds a little "loony" to be honest. I'm afraid
that it might harm my reputation and I might lose the respect of the
good people of RAO if I mentioned it, and won't be taken seriously.
Okay, well that's it, so I suppose its now time for the rest to get the
ol' mocking machine goin'. Here's a few suggestions to help the
ignorant narrow-minded pigs find their way to the trough:

"I tried blessing just the audio equipment itself. Took my system to
new heights".

"When I turned the cross on the wall upside down, things sounded
worse".

"I just "specially treated" the water in my toilet. ;-) Will THAT help
improve my sound?"

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority

wrote in message
oups.com...
...Two words: Holy water.

[snip]

I did something else to the water prior to the blessing that also
improved its sound quality, but I don't think I'll mention what
because... well, it sounds a little "loony" to be honest. I'm afraid
that it might harm my reputation and I might lose the respect of the
good people of RAO if I mentioned it, and won't be taken seriously.
Okay, well that's it, so I suppose its now time for the rest to get the
ol' mocking machine goin'. Here's a few suggestions to help the
ignorant narrow-minded pigs find their way to the trough:

My bro has no bladder retention problems. I can testify that I witnessed the
ex****ement. This makes me feel good, because it is so inconvenient when we
have a surgical procedure, and they have to roll him onto his back (my
stomach).

Bro, I love you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Walt