Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] nickravo1@gmail.com is offline

Default Bose noise cancellation headset question

My wife and I both notice that after about four or five hours of
wearing these, the cartilege in our ears, in places, gets a bit stiff
and painful. Cause? Solutions?
megadream20 megadream20 is offline
Junior Member

Smile Re1345

check out youtube for the related videos-------------------------------------------------------------------------------you tube orgy sex parties abuse her ass sexy cum swappers
__________________
tgp
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] nickravo1@gmail.com is offline

On Jun 10, 9:30*am, Sonnova wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 21:04:10 -0700, wrote
(in article ):

My wife and I both notice that after about four or five hours of
wearing these, the cartilege in our ears, in places, gets a bit stiff
and painful. Cause? Solutions?

I think that's fairly normal. The only way around it is a pair of phones that
do not rest upon, nor touch the outer-ear. There are phones like that (Stax,
AKG) but they aren't cheap.

There are noise reduction phones that do this? Links? Better than Bose?
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Norman M. Schwartz Norman M. Schwartz is offline

Sonnova wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 08:57:33 -0700, wrote
(in article ):

On Jun 10, 9:30 am, Sonnova wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 21:04:10 -0700, wrote
(in article ):

My wife and I both notice that after about four or five hours of
wearing these, the cartilege in our ears, in places, gets a bit
stiff and painful. Cause? Solutions?

I think that's fairly normal. The only way around it is a pair of
phones that
do not rest upon, nor touch the outer-ear. There are phones like
that (Stax, AKG) but they aren't cheap.

There are noise reduction phones that do this? Links? Better than
Bose?

Not to my knowledge. I was merely addressing the complaint about the
long-term comfort of "on-ear" headphones, not noise-canceling. One
point that needs to be clearly reiterated. Noise canceling headphones
ONLY cancel steady-state noise (air conditioners, the sound of jet
engines in an airliner cabin, etc). The noise-canceling circuitry
does not work on things like speech, somebody else's music, a TV
playing in the same room, footsteps of the upstairs neighbor, or
anything that isn't constant and consistent.

I own both a Stax over the ear and the Bose QuietComfort 2. IMO my Stax is
even more uncomfortable than the Bose becauses it engages and presses upon
an even larger region of my head, down to and including my jaws! The Boise
fits both comfortably (after all that's its name) and nicely over my ears,
and my ears aren't small. I find myself able to wear the Bose for longer
periods of time with much less annoyance. As the previous poster indicates
expect it to reduce noise from your dishwasher, washing machine-dryer,
refrigerator compressor, computer, etc., it's only after using them at home
that I realize just how noisy my relatively "quiet" home actually is.

Active Noise Cancellation Jontie Tech 3 November 27th 07 09:18 AM
Noise cancellation headphones [email protected] Pro Audio 16 July 31st 06 03:28 AM
active noise cancellation? J.A.A. Pro Audio 8 June 29th 05 05:20 AM
ISO active noise cancellation software Jonathan Epstein Tech 28 March 24th 04 03:18 PM
active noise cancellation Marcus Müller Tech 4 January 24th 04 06:23 PM