Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default self-correcting loudspeakers?

this sounds interesting:

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english...090317/167297/

sound-cancelling technology being used to make loudspeaker output more
accurate (and alternative to e.g. costly resonance-damping
construction)

--
-S
We have it in our power to begin the world over again - Thomas Paine

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
ST ST is offline

On Apr 12, 8:01*am, Steven Sullivan wrote:
this sounds interesting:

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english...090317/167297/

sound-cancelling technology being used to make loudspeaker output more
accurate (and alternative to e.g. costly resonance-damping
construction)

--
-S
We have it in our power to begin the world over again - Thomas Paine

There's also the new Digital Power station by Bongiovi Acoustics who
claims to turn factory speakers in to high end ones. Not sure if it
made beyond car audio. How nice if all this come reality real soon or
at least before my hearing starts to fail. By the way why digital amp
has made big impact in high end market?

ST
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

this sounds interesting:

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english...090317/167297/

sound-canceling technology being used to make
loudspeaker output more accurate (and alternative to e.g.
costly resonance-damping construction)

Seems like it is mostly applicable to speakers that are shall we say, very
cost-effective such as ceiling speakers in offices. It appears to me that a
well-made speaker would not have many of the artifacts that this approach
cancels out.

The history of active noise canceling is that it has been made to work
effectively in a number of applications, but it is generally cheaper and
simpler to address the noise passively or simply upgrade the source of the
noise so that it runs more quietly by means of internal enhancements.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Steven Sullivan wrote:

this sounds interesting:

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english...090317/167297/

sound-cancelling technology being used to make loudspeaker output more
accurate (and alternative to e.g. costly resonance-damping
construction)

The main purpose of this it seems would be to improve low-end audio where
you have speakers in flimsy resonant plastic cabinets ( like TVs for
example ) with cheap pressed steel chassis speakers etc and flimsy cones
that break-up at the drop of a hat.

Traditional quality material used in high-end products would IMHO far
outperform this at less cost. For example my mini-monitors designed by a
colleague and myself use 1 1/2" ( 38mm ) MDF ply for the cabinet. It's as
dead as they get.

Graham