Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Digiman Digiman is offline

Default Try this!

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/

Hearing test. I got up to 16.4 Khz.
Puts the debate on the pros and cons of steep cutoff at 20Khz and
supertweeters in perspective.
Also, I would think it means that analog sound (vinyl) with reduced level
and/or distortion in the extremely high frequencies works perfectly for me.
I dont need what I cant hear :-)

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Digiman" wrote in message

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/

Hearing test. I got up to 16.4 Khz.
Puts the debate on the pros and cons of steep cutoff at
20Khz and supertweeters in perspective.
Also, I would think it means that analog sound (vinyl)
with reduced level and/or distortion in the extremely
high frequencies works perfectly for me. I dont need what
I cant hear :-)

I can hear the 18 KHz tone quite nicely thank you. But I was born in 1946.
What does that mean? ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected][_2_] nmsz@optonline.net[_2_] is offline

On Mar 16, 11:59*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Digiman" wrote in message

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/

Hearing test. I got up to 16.4 Khz.
Puts the debate on the pros and cons of steep cutoff at
20Khz and supertweeters *in perspective.
Also, I would think it means that analog sound (vinyl)
with reduced level and/or distortion in the extremely
high frequencies works perfectly for me. I dont need what
I cant hear :-)

I can hear the 18 KHz tone quite nicely thank you. But I was born in 1946.
What does that mean? ;-)

It means that with continued good health and fortune, eventually you
will not be able to hear it. :-(
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:59:59 -0700, Arny Krueger wrote
(in article ):

"Digiman" wrote in message

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/

Hearing test. I got up to 16.4 Khz.
Puts the debate on the pros and cons of steep cutoff at
20Khz and supertweeters in perspective.
Also, I would think it means that analog sound (vinyl)
with reduced level and/or distortion in the extremely
high frequencies works perfectly for me. I dont need what
I cant hear :-)

I can hear the 18 KHz tone quite nicely thank you. But I was born in 1946.
What does that mean? ;-)

It means that you are quite rare and very lucky. Most men our age can't hear
much above 12K, if that high! Of course just because one CAN hear doesn't
necessarily mean that one knows how to listen.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Iordani Iordani is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Digiman" wrote in message

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/

Hearing test. I got up to 16.4 Khz.
Puts the debate on the pros and cons of steep cutoff at
20Khz and supertweeters in perspective.
Also, I would think it means that analog sound (vinyl)
with reduced level and/or distortion in the extremely
high frequencies works perfectly for me. I dont need what
I cant hear :-)

I can hear the 18 KHz tone quite nicely thank you. But I was born in 1946.
What does that mean? ;-)

I was born in 1949. The sound/frequence from my PC-speakers didn't sound
right at all, so I downloaded the files as wav and copied them to a card
and played them on my sound system using the headphones.
I thought there was something wrong with those files so I created my own
using Audacity. Same result. Can't hear anything above 11 kHz
It would be interesting to hear what others can hear at their age.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Serge Auckland[_2_] Serge Auckland[_2_] is offline

"Iordani" wrote in message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Digiman" wrote in message

[...]

I too was born in 1949, and can hear the 14k comfortably but not the 15k at
all. I have tried to look after my ears, and when I was in my teens could
hear 22k. No longer sadly, but it has got rid of the incredibly irritating
15.6k whistle from TV timebases.

S.

--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Iordani wrote:
: Arny Krueger wrote:

: "Digiman" wrote in message
:
: http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/
:
: Hearing test. I got up to 16.4 Khz.
: Puts the debate on the pros and cons of steep cutoff at
: 20Khz and supertweeters in perspective.
: Also, I would think it means that analog sound (vinyl)
: with reduced level and/or distortion in the extremely
: high frequencies works perfectly for me. I dont need what
: I cant hear :-)
:
: I can hear the 18 KHz tone quite nicely thank you. But I was born in 1946.
: What does that mean? ;-)

: I was born in 1949. The sound/frequence from my PC-speakers didn't sound
: right at all, so I downloaded the files as wav and copied them to a card
: and played them on my sound system using the headphones.

I played the full sequence of tones through computer speakers, and
I topped out at 12 Khz, while my 6 year old son could hear even the highest tones.

I then connected up a good pair of headphones (Audio-Technica ATH-A700s)
and could hear up to 16 Khz, which was a bit of a relief.

-- Andy Barss

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On Mar 16, 3:00*pm, Iordani wrote:

I was born in 1949. *The sound/frequence from my PC-speakers didn't sound
right at all, *so I downloaded the files as wav and copied them to a card
and played them on my sound system using the headphones.
I thought there was something wrong with those files so I created my own
using Audacity. *Same result. *Can't hear anything above 11 kHz
It would be interesting to hear what others can hear at their age.

I was born in 1935. Using the Woodford test CD, my Maggie ribbons
provide a response up to and including the 13 kHz tone. I wish to get
yet much older even if that means hearing less. Perhaps one day 'stem
cell's will be able to provide a newborn's inner ear.
Norman

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Digiman" wrote in message

[...]

My work-computer junk speakers cut off about 15k. I put on a decent
set of headphones (NOT earbuds) and got easily to 17.4 - 57 years
old... I could pretend to higher - but very likely it would only be
pretense and/or wishful thinking. Something was there - real or
imagined, in other words.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:00:34 -0700, Iordani wrote
(in article ):

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Digiman" wrote in message

[...]

I'm pretty flat to 14KHz, but my hearing falls off pretty steeply above that.
For instance, I can no longer hear a standard NTSC TV raster and when I was
young, it used to drive me to distraction. The reason that I figure I can
still hear 14K at 63 is because I never listened to rock-'n-roll. Never
attended a rock concert and generally stayed away from really loud sources of
noise.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
WW WW is offline

"Iordani" wrote in message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Digiman" wrote in message

[...]

Born in 1927. When I was doing TV repair years ago, the 15,700 high voltage
was annoying. But I knew it was working.
Now I go as high as 2500 . Thank goodness for modern hearing aids I hear
very good. WW
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Codifus Codifus is offline

On Mar 14, 3:50*pm, "Digiman" wrote:
http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/

Hearing test. I got up to 16.4 Khz.
Puts the debate on the pros and cons of steep cutoff at 20Khz and
supertweeters *in perspective.
Also, I would think it means that analog sound (vinyl) with reduced level
and/or distortion in the extremely high frequencies works perfectly for me.
I dont need what I cant hear :-)

I tried this on my computer speakers at work and got to 12 Khz. Then I
tried it at home on my hifi and got to 15 Khz. Be wary of computer
speakers as their response wont be so linear, especially at high
frequencies.

CD
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
David E. Bath David E. Bath is offline

In article ,
codifus writes:
On Mar 14, 3:50*pm, "Digiman" wrote:
http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/

Hearing test. I got up to 16.4 Khz.
Puts the debate on the pros and cons of steep cutoff at 20Khz and
supertweeters *in perspective.
Also, I would think it means that analog sound (vinyl) with reduced level
and/or distortion in the extremely high frequencies works perfectly for me.
I dont need what I cant hear :-)

I tried this on my computer speakers at work and got to 12 Khz. Then I
tried it at home on my hifi and got to 15 Khz. Be wary of computer
speakers as their response wont be so linear, especially at high
frequencies.

I was able to hear to 15 KHz on my computer speakers. I switched to
headphones and got up to 17.4 KHz. Not bad for someone who started
listening to loud rock music in the late 60's.

--
David Bath - RAHE Co-moderator

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ken[_8_] Ken[_8_] is offline

On 14 Mar 2009 19:50:04 GMT, "Digiman" wrote:

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/

Hearing test. I got up to 16.4 Khz.
Puts the debate on the pros and cons of steep cutoff
at 20Khz and supertweeters in perspective.
Also, I would think it means that analog sound (vinyl)
with reduced level and/or distortion in the extremely
high frequencies works perfectly for me.
I dont need what I cant hear :-)

At 35 years old I could hear up to 23 kHz.
Now at 55 years old I can hear up to 18.7 kHz.
I now testing with my Sennheiser HD650 headphone
and comfortable level.