Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Amazement

"Greg Wormald" wrote in message
It isn't just the USA Harry.

A friend brought his son to me to talk about how to fruitfully spend his
"hi-fi money". This young man spent the rest of the afternoon drooling
over what could be accomplished. He had never heard a quality audio
system, and (I suspect) neither had any of his friends.

He had assumed that a high-end 'pod and headphones were the answer.

Greg
(in Australia)

In article ,
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

this is NOT music literacy, it is the role of music in our lives - if you
aren't going to take the time to listen, then there is no point in a decent
stereo - if all you want is heart stopping base and a loud experience when
watching TV, then the cheap stuff is actually better. If you want to sit in
the dark and listen, then the quality of your stereo equipment matters.

Amazement Harry Lavo High End Audio 89 June 1st 09 04:33 PM
Amazement, note Sander deWaal Audio Opinions 5 September 30th 04 05:16 PM