Kalman Rubinson

Default Shure M232 tonearm - anti-skate?

On 20 Jul 2003 00:17:50 GMT, "William Balmer"
wrote:

I recently picked up a Thorens TD124 which I have rehabbed and it's working
beautifully (listening to Ella sing the Rogers & Hart Songbook right now).

The table came with a Shure M232 tonearm fitted with a Shure M7-N21D, all in
surprisingly good condition. My only trouble is that the arm wants to skate
in and I don't know how to adjust it. The Shure web site has nothing on
their old tonearms. Can anyone shed some light?

IIRC, the M232 did not have an anti-skate adjustment. Too primitive.

Kal