Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] a6mech@rocketmail.com is offline

Default Peavey TLS-4X Repair

Seems that I've hurt the woofers on a pair of the subject speakers.
Question is would it be better in the long run to replace the drivers
with OEM (Sheffield 1500), or go with a different brand? I don't want
to have to do this often.

Thanks in advance,

Ernst

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] a6mech@rocketmail.com is offline

The drivers are not completely out. They are "muddy" sounding, and
output is much less than usual for the amount of drive input into the
speakers.

Ernst

Eeyore wrote:
wrote:

Seems that I've hurt the woofers on a pair of the subject speakers.

Hurt ?

Question is would it be better in the long run to replace the drivers
with OEM (Sheffield 1500), or go with a different brand? I don't want
to have to do this often.

More info ?

Graham

Peavey TLS-4 Repair [email protected] Pro Audio 3 October 1st 06 04:32 PM
Bad CD Repair Pro yarik Tech 0 November 23rd 05 08:00 AM
Bad CD Repair Pro yarik Audio Opinions 1 November 22nd 05 08:36 PM
Vinyl restoration issues - inconsistent results with Wave Repair Doc Pro Audio 3 July 8th 04 07:53 PM
HHB repair dilemma Garthrr Pro Audio 16 December 8th 03 03:37 PM