Jack Dotson

Default Center channel recommendation??

What do you guys consider the best center channel for a grand or less.

Looking hard at a B&W Nautilus HTM-2, but wanted to see if there is
something else I should consider.

My main speakers are Maggie's, and I know allot of people will recommend
sticking with a Maggie center, but I'm looking for something with better
dynamics and more detail in a center as it will be primarily for HT.

Thanks.
Harry Lavo

"Jack Dotson" wrote in message
What do you guys consider the best center channel for a grand or less.

Looking hard at a B&W Nautilus HTM-2, but wanted to see if there is
something else I should consider.

My main speakers are Maggie's, and I know allot of people will recommend
sticking with a Maggie center, but I'm looking for something with better
dynamics and more detail in a center as it will be primarily for HT.

Thanks.

How about a Martin-Logan electrostatic center channel combined with a good
sub (not used as LFE, but rather to fill out the center channel). Or do the
same with the Maggie center.

Harry

Kalman Rubinson

On 5 Jul 2003 20:25:53 GMT, "Jack Dotson" wrote:

What do you guys consider the best center channel for a grand or less.

Looking hard at a B&W Nautilus HTM-2, but wanted to see if there is
something else I should consider.

My main speakers are Maggie's, and I know allot of people will recommend
sticking with a Maggie center, but I'm looking for something with better
dynamics and more detail in a center as it will be primarily for HT.

The Maggie center channel has excellent dynamics and detail. Bass and
wallop is another story.

Kal

Steven Sullivan

Jack Dotson wrote:
What do you guys consider the best center channel for a grand or less.

Looking hard at a B&W Nautilus HTM-2, but wanted to see if there is
something else I should consider.

My main speakers are Maggie's, and I know allot of people will recommend
sticking with a Maggie center, but I'm looking for something with better
dynamics and more detail in a center as it will be primarily for HT.

You can probably get the subjective impression of 'better dynamics and
more detail' just by buying the maggie center, and boosting
its volume a dB or three above that of the mains.

--
-S.