Andre Jute

Default Are we KISSing it or kicking it? was Getting the KISS schemos and pics

Sander deWaal wrote:

Patrick Turner said:

1. Go to http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/

2. Click on the only link which is to The KISS Amp index page

3. Go to the bottom of the index page and click the link at 190

4. Download or open any of the files on page 190

I have tested these steps in Explorer and Safari on a Mac.

There were not many surprises there.
The chip amp looks simple, just resistors and a PS connected to a triangle :-)

Several tweaks are possible to make this one even better.
Place 47 nF/160 V over each rectifier diode, and a 0.1 ohm resistor in
each power supply rail btw. rect. and electrolytics.
Add a Zobel network at the output to gnd, consisting of 100 nF/160V in
series with 10 ohms/1 watt .

I have built this amp years ago, and found these additions to be
worthwhile. I used black gates, too :-)

Dear, dear boy, as a knighted old ham of an actor drawled in his
congested RP when as a precocious eighteen year-old I dared suggest
that I wasn't paying him big bucks to be dead on my film set, Less is
always more. (1)

You have just doubled the parts count of my prescient kickarse
gaincard beater. I carefully, after much fasting up a bare mountain,
threw off the supperession caps and the zobel and the other crap, and
now you want to put it back on.

I'm never going to KISS you again!

Andre

(1) That's nothing. Another actor when I offered him a drink ordered
his 'usual' from the barman in the bar next to the theatre where he
was opening that night. His usual was a bottle of J&B poured into a
jug and put on the counter with one glass - for him. Not to be
outdone, I ordered the same. After a second round, I helped him onto
the stage. He wouldn't let go so the curtain went up on both of us
plus two hissing stage managers and some bimbos en deshabille we
picked up in the bar next door or maybe at the stage door; you'll
understand if my memory about who was who and precisely who wore whose
garter belt is extremely hazy. The show was a triumph for everyone
except the playwright, who though he had written a sensitive political
tragedy and was now the buffoon in a farce at which the house laughed
without stopping for breath even once. Fortunately the critic of the
most important paper, who thought I was an unfairly talented wide boy
in wider braces, was ill and his standin was a reporter from the
financial pages whom I had made rich when some chuma and I for a lark
cornered the market in hops futures, and the rest of the cirtics had a
sense of humour, so the whole scandalous affair was even reported
right in the national press though we were really very grateful when
the censor shut the play down for unlicensed nudity, obscenity and
probably heresy too at 9am the next morning; there was nothing we
could do to top that riotous evening. In my hometown the report was by
my old headmaster who crowed that when he christened me the Prince of
Chaos he made no mistake! Yah!
Chris Hornbeck

Way, way too funny. Is it appropriate to ask what "wide boy
in wider braces" might mean; decorum implied?

Great stuff, thanks,

Chris Hornbeck
"Shi mian mai fu"
Rich.Andrews

Chris Hornbeck wrote in
:

Way, way too funny. Is it appropriate to ask what "wide boy
in wider braces" might mean; decorum implied?

Great stuff, thanks,

Chris Hornbeck
"Shi mian mai fu"

I found a reference to what a "wide boy" is, but the wider braces part
excapes me. Braces are what us yanks call suspenders.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:58:52 GMT, "Rich.Andrews"
wrote:

Chris Hornbeck wrote in
:

Way, way too funny. Is it appropriate to ask what "wide boy
in wider braces" might mean; decorum implied?

Great stuff, thanks,

Chris Hornbeck
"Shi mian mai fu"

I found a reference to what a "wide boy" is, but the wider braces part
excapes me. Braces are what us yanks call suspenders.

Think Gordon Gecko.

Stewart Pinkerton wrote in
:

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:58:52 GMT, "Rich.Andrews"
wrote:

Chris Hornbeck wrote in
m:

Way, way too funny. Is it appropriate to ask what "wide boy
in wider braces" might mean; decorum implied?

Great stuff, thanks,

Chris Hornbeck
"Shi mian mai fu"

I found a reference to what a "wide boy" is, but the wider braces part
excapes me. Braces are what us yanks call suspenders.

Think Gordon Gecko.

I have no idea what or who a Gordon Gecko is.

Jim Strickland

On 2004-12-10 05:00:16 -0700, R said:

Stewart Pinkerton wrote in
:

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:58:52 GMT, "Rich.Andrews"
wrote:

Chris Hornbeck wrote in
:

Way, way too funny. Is it appropriate to ask what "wide boy
in wider braces" might mean; decorum implied?

Great stuff, thanks,

Chris Hornbeck
"Shi mian mai fu"

I found a reference to what a "wide boy" is, but the wider braces part
excapes me. Braces are what us yanks call suspenders.

Think Gordon Gecko.

I have no idea what or who a Gordon Gecko is.

Gordon Gekko is a character in the movie "Wall Street." He is the one
who gave the famous "Greed is Good" speech. See
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/Movi...allstreet.html
for the text thereof. How this applies I have no earthly clue.

--
-Jim Strickland