Joe Wolf

Default extracting audio from CDs / Mac OS X

I just LOVE Toast Audio Extractor on my Macs.
lets you select mono, stereo, split stereo, left or right. AIFF, WAV, SD2,
etc... as you suck audio tracks off a CD. gets abundant use.

but as near as I can tell, TAE isn't offered for the OS X platform.

Any suggestions for software to function the same on the OS X platform?
(or better yet, someone telling me Roxio has a OS X version of TAE out
there...)

joe

dub-d_mtl_achip?-achop?.prod

Joe Wolf wrote in message .. .
I just LOVE Toast Audio Extractor on my Macs.
lets you select mono, stereo, split stereo, left or right. AIFF, WAV, SD2,
etc... as you suck audio tracks off a CD. gets abundant use.

but as near as I can tell, TAE isn't offered for the OS X platform.

Any suggestions for software to function the same on the OS X platform?
(or better yet, someone telling me Roxio has a OS X version of TAE out
there...)

joe

I don't know for TAE, but in os X you can easily rip the song off the
cd's with I-tunes, just select i-tunes/preferences/importing, then
make the settings you want, uncheck the play song while importing (it
sucks) and dont forget to change the directory path in the advance
table...

Dub-D independant Artist! :P
Monte P McGuire

In article ,
Joe Wolf wrote:
I just LOVE Toast Audio Extractor on my Macs.
lets you select mono, stereo, split stereo, left or right. AIFF, WAV, SD2,
etc... as you suck audio tracks off a CD. gets abundant use.

but as near as I can tell, TAE isn't offered for the OS X platform.

Like much of Toast, this function is now provided by the operating
system. Insert an audio CD into a CDROM drive and it appears as a
folder containing AIFF files, one for each track. If you drag these
icons to a writable volume, the corresponding tracks will be ripped to
separate AIFF stereo 44.1/16 files.

The process seems pretty accurate too, although I've had Peak 3.2.1
barf on some AIFFs created by OSX 10.2.8.

Yes, you may want to format convert these files to something else
using some other sort of tool, but the basic ripping process is now
part of OSX.

Regards,

Monte McGuire