Ken Drescher

Default FS: Polk Monitor 5 Speaker System, MINTY!

Polk Monitor 5 Speaker System, $169pr

Image: http://members.aol.com/KDresch/polk5.html

Here is a speaker that helped develop Polk's reputation for fine speakers - the
Monitor Series. The Monitor 5 is made up of a 6.5" woofer/mid driver, 8"
passive low frequency radiator and silver wire dome tweeter. The woofer uses a
butyl rubber surround. This series of Polks were one of their most succesful
ever. They helped give Polk the fine reputation they enjoy to this day. When
you hear it you know why - surprisingly low bass, clear mids and a silky high
end. This is one of my favorites in the Monitor line, ample bass in a compact
cabinet with that super airy Polk highend from the silver coil dome tweeter.
The cabinets measure 10 1/2"w x 23 1/2"h x 9"d. This pair has walnut vinyl
cabinets with a dark brown grills. I would grade them 9+ out of 10 on
cosmetics, near mint! Acoustically perfect with working drivers. Original
drivers are all perfect cosmetically and functionally. Polk logos intact on
near perfect grills. These were taken well care of and it shows. Satisfaction
Guaranteed. It would be hard to match this compact speakers sound quality, at
this price, in a new speaker sold today. Original list $320 pr. from 1979-84.
Only $169 pr. plus shipping

Pa href=http://members.aol.com/KDresch/audio.net.htmlaudio.net/a, Used
Audio ShopPNow entering our 9th year of operation.P100% Customer
Satisfaction Guaranteed since 1995.