Eddie

Default Home studio help

I am looking to buy an amp to use with my PC for hearing what I am doing
with Cubase audio recordings.

Can anybody recommend me a separates amp from experience? At the moment I am
most likely to go for a Cambridge Audio Azure 640A which I can get for £70
less than normal price as Richer Sounds have sold me a lot of duff gear over
the past week or 3.

A guy at Audio T tells me the only reason Cambridge Audio get good reviews
is cos Richer Sounds puts so much advertising money the way of the hifi
press that they daren't give CA bad reviews - apparently CA is "Richer
Sounds own brand" - I thought RS were just the exclusive UK distributors.
That logic would make Cubase the own brand of Arbiter! ;-)

So is CA any good? Is it sour grapes I hear from Audio T? Is CA going to be
a good sounding & reliable bet for my home studio - bearing in mind my £200
budget for the amp?

What else would you recommend?

Thanks
Eddie

--
-----
Before you criticise someone you should walk a mile in their shoes.