Arek

Default So, wheredo ppl download MP3s these days

www.kazaa.com

Użytkownik "Ignoramus16608" napisał w
wiadomo¶ci ...
I want to download some mp3 files to play in my vehicle stereo (which
supports mp3).

What's the current way of getting that stuff? I know that napster is
gone, since then, I sort of let it slide but want to get back into mp3
downloading again.

Is kazaa still working?

thanks

TheBIessedDead

I want to download some mp3 files to play in my vehicle stereo (which
supports mp3).

What's the current way of getting that stuff? I know that napster is
gone, since then, I sort of let it slide but want to get back into mp3
downloading again.

Is kazaa still working?

thanks

I use mIRC for all of my downloading needs.

Nick

Supernoma

I hunted down the last copy of Kazaa Lite and use that. Otherwise it's
usually FTP's or friends.

P.S. In Canada it's completely legal to download music, it's the uploading
thats illegal .

2002 GMC Sonoma ZQ8 SLS Step-Side Extended Cab - 4.3L Vortec / 4L60E

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/sl4ck3r

Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.
-Woody Allen
"Ignoramus16608" wrote in message
I want to download some mp3 files to play in my vehicle stereo (which
supports mp3).

What's the current way of getting that stuff? I know that napster is
gone, since then, I sort of let it slide but want to get back into mp3
downloading again.

Is kazaa still working?

thanks

Mark Zarella

You can download kazaa lite from kazaa. Not sure why that strikes me as
funny.

"Supernoma" om wrote in
message ...
I hunted down the last copy of Kazaa Lite and use that. Otherwise it's
usually FTP's or friends.

P.S. In Canada it's completely legal to download music, it's the uploading
thats illegal .

2002 GMC Sonoma ZQ8 SLS Step-Side Extended Cab - 4.3L Vortec / 4L60E

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/sl4ck3r

Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.
-Woody Allen
"Ignoramus16608" wrote in message
I want to download some mp3 files to play in my vehicle stereo (which
supports mp3).

What's the current way of getting that stuff? I know that napster is
gone, since then, I sort of let it slide but want to get back into mp3
downloading again.

Is kazaa still working?

thanks

ReEfErMaDnEsS

Mark...have you done any Usenet downloading...generally the good posters
there cite the bitrate and encoder used.. I have had great success
there.....always deleting them when I'm done previewing of course.....to me
the Kazaa is the place where the encoding sucks ass

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
If you want quality mp3s, buy the cd and encode them yourself. Otherwise,
you're often stuck with crap.

"Ignoramus16608" wrote in message
I want to download some mp3 files to play in my vehicle stereo (which
supports mp3).

What's the current way of getting that stuff? I know that napster is
gone, since then, I sort of let it slide but want to get back into mp3
downloading again.

Is kazaa still working?

thanks

Mark Zarella

Mark...have you done any Usenet downloading...generally the good posters
there cite the bitrate and encoder used.. I have had great success
there.....always deleting them when I'm done previewing of course.....to

me
the Kazaa is the place where the encoding sucks ass

No, I haven't. That may work for him though. If it doesn't, then go cd.

John J

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:41:44 -0500, "Mark Zarella"
wrote:

If you want quality mp3s, buy the cd and encode them yourself. Otherwise,
you're often stuck with crap.

Usenet provides a fast and quality alternative to DIY. Most mp3s
posted on Usenet are encoded @192 or higher. I could download a full
CDs' worth of high quality mp3s long before I pull out enough CDs from
my collection (over 300 CDs), pick out the songsI want, ripped the
songs, and encode the wavs.
Mark Zarella

If you want quality mp3s, buy the cd and encode them yourself.
Otherwise,
you're often stuck with crap.

Usenet provides a fast and quality alternative to DIY. Most mp3s
posted on Usenet are encoded @192 or higher. I could download a full
CDs' worth of high quality mp3s long before I pull out enough CDs from
my collection (over 300 CDs), pick out the songsI want, ripped the
songs, and encode the wavs.

Well, assuming your cd is on there.

I'd still make sure I was getting a good copy from a quality encoder.
ReefMad mentioned that people usually indicate what the encoder is?

Peter

What's the current way of getting that stuff? I know that napster is
gone, since then, I sort of let it slide but want to get back into mp3
downloading again.

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net

EFFENDI

Ignoramus16608 wrote:
I want to download some mp3 files to play in my vehicle stereo (which
supports mp3).

What's the current way of getting that stuff? I know that napster is
gone, since then, I sort of let it slide but want to get back into mp3
downloading again.

Is kazaa still working?

thanks

Usenet Binaries are often pretty fast servers. And you can get good
quality files if you know what you are downloading. Try getting a
newsreader/binary downloader like NewsBin Pro. (I have a copy if you
want) And browse the groups until you find a genre you like. IF you are
on cable like me it is easy to get 3.0 Mbps download speed. This is
almost impossible on any P2P client due to the number of downloaders vs.
uploaders. IF you want more info feel free to ask me.

EFFENDI

ReEfErMaDnEsS

a typical subject line in Usenet

Artist - EAC (rip tool) - 192 VBR (bit rate) LAME (encoder) Album Track#
Track Title

you see it all the time.....if there nothing there and *.nfo file is usually
available that will let you know the encoder/ripper used, plus a bunch of
other stuff,,,,,only problem is it not real searchable for particular
artists....just see what's there and grab what you're interested in

then delete them after your preview period and purchase the CD retail so as
no to upset the kazillionaires who have suffered through billionairism
depression.

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
If you want quality mp3s, buy the cd and encode them yourself.

Otherwise,
you're often stuck with crap.

Usenet provides a fast and quality alternative to DIY. Most mp3s
posted on Usenet are encoded @192 or higher. I could download a full
CDs' worth of high quality mp3s long before I pull out enough CDs from
my collection (over 300 CDs), pick out the songsI want, ripped the
songs, and encode the wavs.

Well, assuming your cd is on there.

I'd still make sure I was getting a good copy from a quality encoder.
ReefMad mentioned that people usually indicate what the encoder is?

Mark Zarella

The searchability problem could be tough. I wonder if any websites (even
google?) log them?

Oh yeah, another option is to see if what you're looking for is on
emusic.com. I've downloaded several cd's from there. They're giving away
free trial memberships for each email address. They use a high bitrate, but
I don't know the encoder.

"ReEfErMaDnEsS" wrote in message
[...]

John J

It's sort of searchable with these two web sites:

http://www.newzbin.com/
http://nfonews.com/

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:53:23 GMT, "ReEfErMaDnEsS"
wrote:

[...]

John J

Newsbin handles yenc just fine. Agent is has always been my default
newsreader because I am so used to it. Newsbin and Xnews are probably
better newsreaders in terms of features, but I couldn't get a feel for
them. It's not like switching from EZ CD Creator to Nero which was a
no brainer.

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:45:26 GMT, "ReEfErMaDnEsS"
wrote:

how does newsbin pro handle all the yenc stuff out there?

Forte Agent is flawless in that regard

"EFFENDI" wrote in message
.. .
Ignoramus16608 wrote:
I want to download some mp3 files to play in my vehicle stereo (which
supports mp3).

What's the current way of getting that stuff? I know that napster is
gone, since then, I sort of let it slide but want to get back into mp3
downloading again.

Is kazaa still working?

thanks

Usenet Binaries are often pretty fast servers. And you can get good
quality files if you know what you are downloading. Try getting a
newsreader/binary downloader like NewsBin Pro. (I have a copy if you
want) And browse the groups until you find a genre you like. IF you are
on cable like me it is easy to get 3.0 Mbps download speed. This is
almost impossible on any P2P client due to the number of downloaders vs.
uploaders. IF you want more info feel free to ask me.

EFFENDI

EFFENDI

"EFFENDI" wrote in message

Ignoramus16608 wrote:

I want to download some mp3 files to play in my vehicle stereo (which
supports mp3).

What's the current way of getting that stuff? I know that napster is
gone, since then, I sort of let it slide but want to get back into mp3
downloading again.

Is kazaa still working?

thanks

Usenet Binaries are often pretty fast servers. And you can get good
quality files if you know what you are downloading. Try getting a
newsreader/binary downloader like NewsBin Pro. (I have a copy if you
want) And browse the groups until you find a genre you like. IF you are
on cable like me it is easy to get 3.0 Mbps download speed. This is
almost impossible on any P2P client due to the number of downloaders vs.
uploaders. IF you want more info feel free to ask me.

EFFENDI

yep, does it all perfectly.

Uber

http://www.UberNet.org

70,000 *full* albums, all ripped in EAC secure mode (flawless rips),
all encoded with LAME alt preset standard. (Highest quality VBR MP3s).

You'll never go back.